Jobs at:Lusaka South University College
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 25 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Purpose-Accounts Intern
• The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for banking and capturing financial transactions into the system (Microsoft Dynamics). Maintain both cash received and cash payments book and update them on a Daily, Weekly basis, Perform monthly bank reconciliations at month-end, and assist in the preparation of monthly payroll journal and payments to statutory bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake filing accurately and timel
• Provide assistance to the monthly management accounts processes
• Receive, record and process all purchase invoices
• Request and manage petty cash
• Ensure all purchase invoices have been authorized and coded before entering them into the system.
• Undertake preparation of statutory payments
• Weekly posting of all sales invoices to the sales ledger and chasing up non-paying customers on a daily basis
• Receive and process all expense claim forms and requests for payments
• Processing transactions, issuing cheques, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc
• Gather data for the Preparation of financial reports.
• Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies
• Undertake Bidding for potential tenders and preparation of business proposals.
Required Skills & Personal Attributes
• Absolute attention to detail
• Analytic Skills
• Strong oral and written communication skill, with the ability to explain information in a clear and understandable way to non-finance professionals.
• Strong team player, with a willingness to assist and learn from colleagues
• Ability to working a changing and flexible organizatio
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of Egp (ZPPA)
• Diploma holder in Accountancy ACCA/CIMA/ZICA Licentiate
• Must have a minimum of at least 1+ years of hands-on Accounting
• Experience in a busy and well-established organization in similar capacity
• Must have basic knowledge of any accounting Package
• Must be a member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should send their application letters together with copies of their educational & professional certificates, and curriculum vitae with at least three traceable referees to the undersigned, on or before 15th October, 2023. Only accepting emailed applications.
• The Registrar
• Lusaka South University College
• Lusaka, Zambia
• Email: email@example.com
• “Dream. Think. Acquire”
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.