Vacancy title: Accounts Officer – Re advertised[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Hospitality, and Tourism , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Avani Victoria Falls Resort
Deadline of this Job:
16 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Refreshingly understated, contemporary and simple. Whether you want a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI hotels and resorts provide the right space for relaxed and inspired comfort. Discerning service, relaxed dining and engaging recreation facilities for all guests are a given.
Accounts Officer is responsible for identifying hotel’s risk areas, monitoring controls, handing of Tax related matters, and maintaining an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations.
The Accounts Officer will be responsible for maintaining and managing records of fixed assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish and monitor adequate internal controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets including implementation and compliance of the MINT Finance Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Handling of Internal/External Audit as well as the Tax related matters to prepare the information as requested by the concerned parties
• Ensure that all Capital Expenditure items are captured on the asset register as soon as possible.
• Ensure that the fixed assets register module reconciles to the General Ledger.
• Providing safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records
• Participation in Balance Sheet accounts Reconciliation.
• Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Financial Controller or any other person designated by them.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Understands the business environment, and the strategic objectives and challenges of the overall company operation.
• Processes information intelligently and analytically, leading to well-informed judgements and logical and coherent conclusions
• Strong communication skills with the ability to make contact with all levels within the company and each business unit
• In depth experience with consolidation, revenue recognition, stock compensation, business combination and/or derivatives and hedging accounting technical topics and research.
• Knowledge of Zambia Revenue Authority and other statutory regulations.
• Must possess the appropriate professional qualification held by Finance professionals including good accounting knowledge
• Good English Language Communication with reading, writing and speaking skills
• Fluency with computer applications particularly Microsoft office products, email with experience in general ledger and other hotel related computer operating systems
The company requires that you will not either during or after your employment divulge any information about the company or its customers and guests to any third party without written authorisation from their Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 2-5 years experience in Accounting or relevant fields.
• Good command of both spoken and written English will be advantage.
• Good command of MS Office.
• Full Grade 12 certificate
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.