Jobs at:Zambia YMCA
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the National General Secretary (NGS), the Accounts Officer will be responsible for Zambia YMCA’s accounting and financial management. He/She will ensure the efficient use of resources.
Key responsibility areas and associated tasks include:
1. Accounting and Financial Management
• In charge of accountancy procedures: allocation of expenses, posting into the accounting software, bank reconciliations, filing of documents, balance checking etc
• Verify monthly accounts: communicate accounts on a monthly basis to the National General Secretary, respecting the ZAMBIA YMCA financial policies and deadlines;
• Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents in conformity with ZAMBIA YMCA procedures
• Maintain ZAMBIA YMCA Fixed Assets Register
• In charge of procurement for the organization.
• Ensure statutory remittances are done on time every month.
• In charges of the management of office assets – repairs, insurance and maintenance
2. Treasury Management
• Open/close bank accounts on the authority of the NGS through the NEC
• Oversee the management of all bank accounts
• Follow transfers, check balances
• Supervise the management of safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions
• Assess monthly cash-flow needs for programs and core expenditure and communicate to the NGS.
• Manage money transfers ensuring appropriate payment procedures (bank transfer cheque, cash, EFT etc.) are followed
• Advise the NGS on investment opportunities available.
3. Commitment of Expenditure
• Ensure all expenditure is committed in accordance to the Zambia YMCA accounting policy and procedures
• Negotiate local credit terms with suppliers (where necessary)
• Ensure that procedures are adhered to in terms of contracts and payments
• Ensure that proofs of purchase are valid (contracts, orders, bills, invoice, delivery notes, LPOs, receipts etc)
4. Budget Management
• Develop the Institution budget for each year in collaboration with the NGS and Programmes Officer for NECs approval.
• Develop programs budget in conjunction with the Programs Officers.
• Draft financial management reports (quarterly and final) for partners respecting contractual deadlines
• Prepare quarterly management accounts and provide explanation for budget variances
• Prepare projected cash flows for programs/ Administration expenses.
5. Internal Controls
Ensure adequate internal controls are in place with respect to:
• Cash management- bank accounts, petty cash, incomes
• Asset management
• Income and expenses
• Staff Imprest and staff debtors
• Ensure the annual audit is carried out in good time- must be concluded by 31st March.
• Ensure the program audit where required are carried out in good time and submitted to the partner
7. Team Leadership
• Oversee the operations in Accounts department as well coordinate all Local Associations
• Ensure and always improve information flows within the department and with other departments and programs.
• Ensure all financial reports are submitted every 5th of the month to the NGS and reviewed by the Finance committee –This include local association’s financial reports
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the NGS
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.