Vacancy title: Accounts Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Zimba District Women Development Associations (DWDA)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zimba District Women Development Associations (DWDA) is a women-led associations that is registered under the Registrar of Societies whose members are derived from different women groups in the district. Zimba DWDA is a strong base for building women’s voices at all community levels with the aim of enhancing women’s economic empowerment in their communities, hence the focus on income generating activities. The Zimba DWDA as women-led organisation has partnered with We Effect Zambia to implement the Swedish funded Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) project that is currently implemented in Eastern, Western, Central and Southern provinces of Zambia. The project activities are implemented at community level through the DWDA groups and include among other things; increased access to and control over productive resources, such as land. Mobilize, capacitate, and link women producer groups to affordable markets and support the organisations in gender mainstreaming through gender transformative approaches.
The Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) project with DWDAs has been running from 1st February 2021 to date. The overall objective of the project is to advance women’s economic empowerment to ensure the capacity of women to participate in, contribute to and benefit from agricultural value chains and processes in ways that affirm the value of their contributions, respect their dignity, promote equality in Eastern, Western, Southern and Central Provinces.
We now seek to recruit staff to fill the following vacancy in the project.
Position: Accounts Officer
The Accounts Officer shall be responsible for all project accounting activities, record keeping of all bank transactions, ensuring all payments have the required supporting documentation and filed accordingly. The project accountant will also be responsible for preparing project financial reports and ensuring they are signed and submitted in a timely manner to We Effect. Carry out project finance accounting related activities. .
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Recording daily financial transactions in the accounting system.
• Ensure all payments, journals and deposits are authorised before being captured in the Accounting System.
• Prepare payments and funds requests.
• Ensure staff advances are retired timely and supported by adequate and verified documentation.
• Prepare and maintain the cashbooks
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and ensure they are reviewed and approved by the Coordinator.
• Ensure adherence to internal controls and donor contractual obligations.
• Record keeping, maintaining financial and other related documentation, including archiving as appropriate.
• Participate in and support the procurement, administration and logistics functions of the project office.
• Management of fixed assets (including asset coding, safeguarding and insurance of assets) and maintenance of Fixed Assets Register.
• Prepare payroll and ensure statutory obligations for the organisation are paid on time.
• Coordinate Donor and Statutory Audits.
• Ensure funds are utilized according to the latest approved budget.
• Provide accurate and reliable information as needed.
• Timely preparation and submission of reports to management and donors.
• Respond to inquiries on project accounts and financing from funders and other cooperating partners.
• Assist in preparation of reports and financial statements for Board Meetings.
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets and reports.
• ZICA Technician, part qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent.
• Must be a member of ZICA.
• At least 3 years’ experience in project finance, accounting and financial reporting.
• Experience working with international organisations or NGOs is an advantage.
• Fluent in English- Written and Spoken.
• Excellent Computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook) and internet.
• Diligent, accurate, attentive to detail and organized.
• Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent time management, commitment, team player, reliable and able to work under pressure.
• Able to adapt and work with rural communities.
• Gender sensitive and appreciates the role women play in community development.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
All interested candidates should send their cover letters and updated CVs to email@example.com by the COB on 7th April, 2023.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.