Accounts Payable Accountant
Jobs at:Vivo Energy
Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payable Accountant
Vivo Energy Zambia distributes and markets Engen branded fuels in retail sites and Shell lubricants to its commercial customers.
We serve various market sectors ranging from construction, mining, power generation and agriculture to food processing.
Vivo Energy Zambia offers high-quality products and services to its customers, setting new standards for safety, innovation and service, wherever we operate.
Vivo Energy Zambia is looking to recruit for the position of Accounts Payable Accountant to be based in Lusaka.
• To facilitate timely payments to various stakeholders including suppliers, within the payment terms.
• To check and verify if all invoices are accompanied with their proper supporting documents as well as processing reconciling invoices, verifying and recording expenses.
• Ensure efficient and timely processing of both local and foreign currency invoices and tax authority’s payment advices once they have been received.
• Ensure proper tax coding (WHT, WHVAT & VAT), correct expense account coding and all taxes deducted at correct rate.
• Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
• Ensure correct account allocations are coded in the invoices before booking the invoice in the system to minimize miss booking of company operating and capital expenses. In addition, ensure all employee advances are accounted for before processing additional advances.
• Support a flawless month end close by ensuring all supplier invoices received are posted within the month.
• Ensure timely payments to suppliers and tax authorities.
• Yearly supplier Account reconciliations for statutory audit.
• Liaising, solving queries and maintaining good working relationships with the external suppliers and the various departments in order to facilitate smooth business operations without disruption.
• Ensure frequent suppliers are defined in the system to avoid manual payments. This will be done in conjunction with Procurement.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience/Skills
• Minimum of a Diploma in Accountancy
• Bachelors of Accounting or any other Accounting professional qualifications (ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage
• Minimum 3 year’s years’ relevant work experience with basic tax knowledge
• Excellent Computer skills especially excel.
• Self-starter: able to drive change and run projects
• Ability to manage priorities and tight deadlines
• Excellent Management of large quantity of data
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please click the link below:
Kindly note that the deadline for submission of applications is 9th March, 2022 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.