Vacancy title: Accounts Payable Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Production , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Biocarbon Partners
Deadline of this Job:
24 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BCP is a leading African REDD+ Developer and conservation organization which seeks to sustainably finance wildlife and habitat conservation through the forest carbon markets. BCP’s mission is “making conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people”. We work with Community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management of over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, benefiting over 225,000 people.
BCP is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Officer (APO) under the Kafue-Zambezi Community Forest Project (KZCFP). The Location will be Lufwanyama. Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. The Accounts Payable job also highlights the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner. Attention to detail and data entry skills are important requirements for an Accounts Payable Officer.
STUFF WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable.
• Keeping accurate filling and tracking of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
• Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system
• reports to balances by collecting monthly statements where required.
Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance.
• Support F&A to develop a seamless purchase to payable process ensuring adequate controls.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
• Support month-end and year-end close process including Audits.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
• Manage travel advances, expenses reports, ensuring vendors and consultants are accurately paid within the contractual timeframe and retired on time.
• Support BCP departments efforts in project planning, budgeting and administration oversight.
• Ensure proper spending procedures, documentation, and accurate data entries into Pastel.
• Comply with all contractual commitments and ensure compliance with ZRA policies and regulations in respect of payments.
• Review invoices, expense reports, and advance requests for accurate calculations making sure the transaction is fully supported and audit ready as well as for compliance with consulting agreements, travel policies, and company procedures.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED.
• A Degree in Accounting and/or part qualified ACCA and active ZICA membership.
• Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records
• Accurate data entry skills
• Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a broader team
• Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
STUFF YOU’LL TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES.
Helping to conserve over 565 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits.
Under our 30 – Cubed goal, by 2030, BCP is set to deliver on our goal of avoiding 30 million tons of emissions annually, benefitting 3 million people, and partnering with communities across 30 million acres of globally significant wildlife habitat.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team. Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Accounts Payable Officer – Lufwanyama in the subject line. Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out.
Applications accepted from 16th December 2022 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.