Accounts Payable Officer
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payable Officer
Reporting to: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Accounts Payable Officer.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Maintain an accurate and reliable database of creditors and ensuring prompt payments to suppliers.
• Timely and accurate processing of invoices in SAP.
• Matching of invoices against purchase order and receipt.
• Liaising with suppliers on vendor statements. Make follow ups if vendor is not sending monthly statements and document the follow ups made.
• Engage Supply Chain and or end users to ensure that statements are received from vendors.
• Receive vendors’ statements monthly.
• Reconciliation of vendor accounts with Vendor monthly statements and following up on reconciling items.
• Resolving vendors’ queries assigned on finance query Helpdesk on time.
• Ensure that queries are actioned within 48 hours from time of allocation.
Experience & Qualifications
• Diploma in Accounting.
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
• Experience (2-3 years) in an accounts payable role in a large sized organization
• Previous AP experience with an electronic accounting system.
• Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
• Proficient in SAP and Microsoft office suite application
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and show a commitment to understand
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.