Accounts Payable Supervisor
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Reporting to: Senior Accountant – Accounts Payable
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Accounts Payable Supervisor.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant – Accounts Payable, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Supervise accounts payable functions to maintain an accurate and reliable database of creditors and ensuring prompt payments to suppliers
• Timely and accurate processing of invoices in SAP
• Matching of invoices against Purchase Order and Receipt
• Processing of electronic payments via on-line banking
• Reconciliation of vendor accounts and following up on reconciling items
• Reconciliation of bank accounts and following up on reconciling items
• Liaising with Procurement, Warehouse and End Users in resolving reconciling items
• Liaising with Suppliers on payments made
• Raise back charge invoices to suppliers and contractors
• Ensure paid invoices are filed in an orderly fashion.
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum of Diploma in Accounting related field
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants or a similar professional body.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable role in a large sized organisation
• Previous AP experience with an electronic accounting system
• Large volume invoice processing
• Sound understanding and experience of the principles and practice in Accounts Payable
• Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications
• High level of interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.