Jobs at:PKF Zambia Chartered Accountants
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, September 26 2023
Date Posted: Monday, September 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of The Role
• The Accounts Trainee is responsible for assisting in various accounting tasks to gain hands-on experience and develop fundamental skills in accounting and bookkeeping. The role of an Accounts Trainee is to assist the accounts team in entering financial data into an accounting software, maintain accurate and organized financial records, and, assist with the various accounting tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
• Assist in collaborating with the finance team to gather necessary data and information for the preparation of financial statements.
• Assist in verifying the accuracy of entered data by comparing it to supporting documentation.
• Assist in maintaining organized records of financial transactions for future reference.
• Assist in performing regular bank reconciliations to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded.
• Assist in preparing journal entries, and accruals, and adjusting entries as required.
• Participates in the preparation of financial reports for management review.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be registered ZICA member
• Must have a professional accounting qualification such as CA Zambia Knowledge Level or Application Level, ZICA Technician or Licentiate, or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CA Zambia, ACCA, or CIMA will be an added advantage.
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office i.e., Word and Excel will be an added advantage
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Uncompromising on integrity and ethics
• Should have the ability to meet deadlines
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Ability to adapt to change
• Able to work late hours were necessary
• Completes own work within timescale and budget.
• Builds constructive relationships with other team members.
• Provide relevant feedback to the team leader or supervisor promptly
• Has reasonable basic knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting principles.
We offer professional development opportunities in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• The closing date for receipt of applications is 22 September 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Address the applications to The Human Resources Director.
• Please send your application letter and other credentials as a single PDF to email@example.com and state the email subject as Accounts Trainee Application.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.