Adjudicator (Commissioner) – Small Claims Court
Jobs at:The Judiciary
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 26 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The successful candidate will be required to report to the Registrar responsible for the Small Claims Courts and will be responsible for the following duties:
i. Review and assess cases filed to determine their eligibility for resolution within the Small Claims Court system;
ii. Conduct hearings and ensuring that all parties have the opportunity to present their case and provide evidence as well as maintain order and decorum in the courtroom;
iii. Stay informed about relevant laws, regulations, and precedents to make informed decisions and ensure compliance with legal standards;
iv. Render fair, impartial and prompt judgments based on the facts presented, applicable laws, and established legal precedents;
v. Prepare clear and concise written judgments and orders;
vi. Maintain accurate records of cases, including case history, status, and scheduling, and ensure timely resolution;
vii. Facilitate settlement negotiations and alternative dispute resolution processes when appropriate, encouraging parties to reach mutually acceptable agreements;
viii. Communicate with litigants, and court personnel professionally and courteously, providing information and guidance on court procedures;
ix. Clarify legal processes and procedures for parties, ensuring they understand their rights and responsibilities; and
x. Stays updated on developments in legal procedures and attend training sessions or workshops to enhance knowledge and skills.
Knowledge And Skills Requirement
• Minimum Primary/Secondary Education:
• Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate at least 5 O’levels including English
• Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications:
• LLB Degree and Advocate of the High Court
• Minimum Relevant Experience:
• Five (5) years as a legal practitioner
• Written Skills
• Ability to write reasoned judgements and rulings
• Oral Skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Analytical skills
• Legal Research skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates who meet the above requirements for the position and are Zambian Nationals with a Green National Registration Card are encouraged to submit their application documents (Application Letter, Academic Qualifications, Curriculum Vitae and copy of the National Registration Card) to the address given below. Kindly note that submissions in electronic format will not be considered.
• The Chief Administrator
For the attention: The Director-HRA Judiciary
P.O. Box 50067
• The closing date of receipt of application documents is 26th October, 2023.
• Kindly note that only short-listed Applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.