Admissions and Programs Manager
Jobs at:AGlobal Health Corps
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WHO WE ARE
Since 2009, Global Health Corps (GHC) has built a network of 1150+ next gen leaders committed to transforming health systems. Through a robust fellowship and alumni program, GHC seeds the health sector with innovative and resilient young leaders and invests in them to grow and drive systems change across their careers. GHC serves as a critical talent pipeline for its partners, an entry point to global health for non-clinical leaders who join as fellows, and a leadership accelerator for alumni and their networks. GHC leaders are concentrated in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the U.S., and Zambia but the network has a truly global reach across 40+ countries and 450+ health organizations.
For more information, visit our website or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Admissions and Programs Manager will be a key member of the Global Programs Team, reporting to the Director of Fellowships. The Admissions and Programs Manager will manage our robust fellowship selection process for our Sub-Saharan Africa program, including management of our application database (WizeHive). They will also oversee the responsibilities of the Fellowship Admissions Coordinator, including fellowship recruitment, coordinating fellow travel to events, and applicant communications. They will effectively manage relationships with our applicants, fellows/alumni, partners, vendors, and team members; bringing a solutions-oriented and client service mindset to their work. The Admissions Manager is zealous about optimizing systems and processes, with excellent attention to detail and a value for collaboration across a range of teams, cultures, and time zones.
Specifically, the Admissions and Programs Manager will…
1. Manage the fellowship application database (WizeHive), including: Manage applicant progression in the database throughout the selection process; Ensure data integrity and smooth user experience for applicants and reviewers; Manage system improvements, including identifying needs and liaising with WizeHive point of contact to design, test, and implement system updates; Manage WizeHive contract and relationship
2. Design and update Selection materials, including fellowship application forms, reviewer training sessions, and evaluation materials
3. Manage the role description development process, including: Advise country teams on role scoping during the partner selection process; Review and revise all proposed role descriptions to ensure clarity and alignment with our talent pools; Oversee copy editing of all roles; Ensure all role descriptions are accurately uploaded to GHC’s website in time for fellow application launch.
4. Manage volunteer application reviewers (ie. alumni, fellows, staff), including recruitment, training, and monitoring progress throughout multiple rounds of application review, to ensure they achieve our goals by the deadline
5. Liaise with placement organizations regarding the selection of their fellows
6. Oversee the Fellowship Admissions Coordinator’s responsibilities, including fellow recruitment, coordination of fellow travel to events, applicant communications strategy and execution, etc.
7. Manage the Global Recruitment and Selection budget, in coordination with Country Managers
8. Support the Fellow Onboarding process including, updating fellow policies and onboarding materials, and creating internal tracking systems
9. Monitor and evaluate the success of the Recruitment and Selection process, through goal setting, designing surveys, and analyzing data
10. Implement quality improvement changes for the Fellow Selection process based on data
11. Consult with the US Program staff on the recruitment and selection processes for the US fellowship program
12. Support a range of other program and operational tasks as needed
WHO YOU ARE
1. A project/program manager looking to grow new skills. You bring 5-7 years of project management experience, with the ability to design and implement work plans for complex projects and coordinate across internal and external stakeholders to achieve time-bound goals.
2. A systems thinker with a detail-oriented mindset. You have experience working with a Customer Relationship Management database, and you look for ways to make systems/processes more efficient and user-friendly. You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, including functions like filters, Vlookup, and other formulas. You understand what details matter and you can turn a vision into tactical next steps.
3. A problem solver who owns your work. You have a track record of initiating and implementing process improvements, with a value for data-based decision-making. You have experience analyzing and interpreting program/project data (ie. survey results), in order to inform decisions. You overcome obstacles in your work by identifying them, adapting to new information, and proactively devising solutions.
4. A strong communicator and relationship builder. You are able to summarize and present information in a clear, succinct, and organized manner for various audiences, bringing a customer/client service mindset to your interactions and deliverables. You also bring experience managing relationships with external stakeholders. Experience delivering training and/or managing volunteers would be a plus, but not required.
5. An action-oriented, resourceful, and collaborative team member. You possess a “get it done” attitude, with the ability to stay focused and nimble in a dynamic environment. You take action before being asked and hold yourself accountable when you set goals. You work effectively across teams, time zones, and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
6. An enthusiastic advocate for Global Health Corps’ mission and values. You are inspired to empower and support leaders building a movement for global health equity. You thrive on a close-knit team that values shared integrity, inclusive collaboration, sustainable resilience, and continuous learning.
7. You are DEI-centered and have a passion for supporting teams. You strive to make every interaction with staff a positive one. You approach every aspect of work, big and small, with a critical lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion and have a passion for creating a work environment where all teammates feel valued and supported.
8. Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
This role can be based in Lilongwe, Malawi; Kigali, Rwanda; Kampala, Uganda or Lusaka, Zambia. You will have the opportunity to work from the office or at home. You will work with your manager to determine the details of a hybrid work schedule. Compensation is competitive and includes an excellent benefits package with medical insurance, paid vacation days and wellness days, employer-sponsored retirement savings, a professional development stipend, and flexible scheduling.
In compliance with local law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in either Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda or Zambia and to complete the required employment eligibility verification forms upon hire. Please note work authorization in the above stated countries of operation includes passport holders only.
If this opportunity speaks to you, please apply with 1) a cover letter that explains why Global Health Corps’ work excites you and why this role is a fit for you, and 2) your resume. We review applications on a rolling basis and strive to get back to applicants within two weeks. The closing date for all applications is Wednesday, June 7th, 2023.
Global Health Corps is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, or other characteristics or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We embrace and value diverse skill sets and backgrounds. We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.