Agriculture Finance & Productive Use Manager
Jobs at:NRECA International
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, October 13 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• NRECA International implements the Zambia Electric Cooperative Development Program (ZECDP) with the objective of “Increased access to electricity in rural areas through development of viable, thriving electric cooperative enterprises”. NRECA International also implements a complementary activity with ZECDP called the Zambia Gender Equity and Equality Action Program (GEEA), with the objective of “Increased women’s effective participation in electric cooperatives in Zambia”. GEEA is funded by USAID and NRECA and includes a Productive Uses Fund to support women-owned businesses to expand through productive use of electricity.
• The Agricultural Finance & Productive Use Manager is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will oversee the design and implementation of the productive use loan program. The Manager will work in collaboration with the ZECDP Program Manager to identify sources of productive use financing, to identify and develop a relationship with a local banking institution through which productive use loans can be managed; as well as coordinate with ZECDP team members to promote and implement the productive use loan program.
• The Manager will draft a productive use program business plan and will work with local financing institutions and donor program directors to solicit financial contributions to the productive use program. The Manager will concurrently work with ZECDP team members to develop a portfolio of economic activities and productive use machinery and equipment for which the productive use loan program can finance new business starts through productive use loans. The Manager will also identify and collaborate with institutions in Zambia that provide business skills development training to channel training resources to productive use loan recipients.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or management or related field.
• Five years of progressive professional experience.
• At least 3 years prior experience in Agricultural Finance or Microfinance.
• At least 5 years prior international experience.
About the Organization
• NRECA International is a rural development organization whose mission is to increase access to reliable electric service in developing countries. Since 1962, NRECA’s programs have focused on improving and expanding electric infrastructure, establishing self-sustaining and well-managed electric utilities, and providing technical assistance to national electrification planners.
• NRECA is currently working on three continents to provide expertise in renewable energy on- and off-grid feasibility studies, utility design and construction; geospatial platforms for electrification investment planning; universal electrification strategy planning; utility operations and service improvements; project design, procurement and construction supervision; and engineering design and analysis.
• Current projects are underway in Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Philippines, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Zambia and projects were recently completed in Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Central African Republic, Chile, Colombia, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Guinea, Jamaica, Kenya, Liberia, Namibia, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.