Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To safely execute maintenance & installation work according to prescribed standards
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Installation of new HV and LV electrical systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant Electrical systems as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
• Ensure that all electrical equipment have the correct hardware interlock and safety parameter settings for effective and safe operation.
• Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with minimum effect on production.
Reporting and record keeping.
• Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
• Ensure that all Safety and substation logbooks are completed, checked and signed according to the procedure.
• Ensure that stock levels of electrical equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to the direct Supervisor.
Tools and audit
• Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within the section
• Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
• Any other duties as directed by the Electrical Supervisor or his/her designate.
• Minimum of a Full Grade Twelve School (Grade 12) Certificate
• Trade Test Certificate from a recognized institution
• Valid Driving License
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
• Minimum of three years’ work experience in an underground Mining environment.
• Knowledge of HV and LV systems, MCC’s and protection.
• Knowledge of LV and HV Transformers
• Knowledge of Electrical motors.
• Knowledge of variable speed drives, Soft starters and DOL starters
• Good knowledge on the use of electrical measuring instruments.
• Good at reading electrical drawings
• Experience on Power Distribution systems will be an advantage.
• Maintenance of Generator / Power Plants
• Technical Skills
• Perform standby and overtime duties when required
• Exposure to noise/dust
• To do Shift Work When required
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.