Vacancy title: Assistance Finance and Accounting Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:ICOF Colleges Seminary and Universities
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ICOF Colleges Seminary and Universities is an education department of International Coalition of Fellowships (ICOF) established in 1932 as a network of Christian Colleges and Universities.
ICOF-CSU is a Non-Profit Christian University. It was established with a view to delivering tertiary education that is highly comparable to that delivered by any other internationally recognized University, particularly by the renowned world universities.
The primary goal of ICOF-CSU is to reach out through education with aim to educate and stimulate our learners in innovation and excellence and in generation of a prudent quest for more knowledge, especially through research.
ICOF Zambia is implementing a five (5) years free tertiary education project called Community Scholarships targeting 5000 Youths in a years aimed at empowering youths through education.
The Assistance Finance and Accounting Officer will maintain all accounts and financial records of GRZI-ICOF project by accurately recording and monitoring all daily financial transactions in accordance with ICOF-CSU policies, procedures and organizational guidelines. He/She will prepare budgets, manage and reconcile accounts payable and receivable, prepare payment requisitions, assist with external audits, generate financial reports and maintain a complete filing system to support the financial records and transactions of GRZ-ICOF Community Scholarship.
• Receive and review all procurement requisitions from the regional offices and program staff and collect all necessary information and documents before submitting them for approval.
• Prepare all payment requisitions to suppliers in line with ICOF-CSU financial policies, donor requirements and GAAP principles and submit them for approval.
• Enter all payment transactions into QuickBooks and other accounting systems as per various Donors’ requests.
• Process all payments through Electronic Financial Transaction (EFT) payments.
• Monitor and control all regional petty cash logs, reconciliations and replenishments in
• QuickBooks and other systems as per various Donors’ requirements.
• Prepare mid-month and monthly bank reconciliations in order to monitor movement of funds of all programs.
• Assist in collecting all missing Tax Invoices to be inserted in the VAT Returns before submission to the Receiver of Revenue.
• Process all Payroll statutory payments and other payroll deductions withheld.
• Maintain a complete filing system of electronic and paper based financial records.
• Assist GOF to institute effective control systems required to minimize risk inherent in the programs.
• Collect all missing supporting documents to be attached to payments as per Donor’s requirements.
• Assist Country Representative and GOF with all budget and cash forecast preparations.
• Assist Global Operation Office to prepare an audit file for internal and external auditors.
• Liaise and Support other Finance and Administrative staff at the regional offices.
• Reporting and Organizational Relationship:
• The Finance and Accounting Officer reports to the University Registrar.
• Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
• 2-4 years’ experience in the field of accounting and administration.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Familiar with the use of QuickBooks and NetSuite.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.