Assistant Accountant – Bank Reconciliations & Cashiering
Jobs at:Prudential Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
09 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Assistant Accountant – Bank Reconciliations & Cashiering
Job Level: Grade D
Reports to: Accountant Payables (PLAZ)
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Job Purpose & Scope:
The role involves receiving payments in mode of Cash and Cheque, issue receipts for cash, cheque, point of sale, bank transfers received and ensuring that all branches send manual receipts to Head Office for pastel receipting. Issue refund or change due to a customer, accurate posting of receipts in pastel – sage, resolving customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information in a proactive manner, preparing receipt summaries/banking reports daily, ensuring that all documentation relating to cashier’s office is properly filed in a systematic manner, managing Prudential Zambia Head Office petty cash and Tender money.
• Receiving payments by cash, cheque and bank transfer
• Issue receipts, refunds, or change due to customers
• Accurate posting of receipts in pastel accounting system daily.
• Ensure that all the branches send manual receipts for pastel receipting
• Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information in a proactive manner and ensuring that all documentation relating to cashier’s office is properly filed in a systematic order.
• Timely and accurate preparation of all receipt summaries / banking reports daily.
Petty Cash and Tender Money
• Timely requisition of tender money and petty cash.
• Ensure that a reconciliation is done daily between pay outs and the balance at hand.
• Ensuring that all requests are approved before paying out.
• Proper record keeping of petty cash and tender money related matters.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations for PLAZ monthly
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Accounting/Finance Degree/CIMA/ACCA/ZICA
• Experience in cashiering role
• Experience of bank reconciliations
• Knowledge in accounting
• Knowledge in customer services and Excel
• Abel to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Good communication skills both oral and verbal
• Trustworthy and have integrity
• Very organized and focused
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letter, Curriculum Vitae, and copies of educational qualifications should reach the undersigned no later than Monday, 9th January 2023, on the following addresses:
HR & Administration,
Support Office, Plot 32256 Prudential House,
Thabo Mbeki Road
P.O. Box 31357,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.