Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant – Zamleather[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Zambeef Products Plc
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below:
• Post and manage all supplier invoices for non-capital items –local suppliers.
• Perform the 6point check before processing invoices.
• Ensure that all outstanding queries are referred timeously to the relevant departments and ensure these queries are escalated to the relevant Manager, should we not receive adequate response from the stores personnel.
• Manage the revaluation of foreign customers and suppliers.
• Perform Suppliers and customers reconciliations and to ensure that customer statements are sent monthly.
• Address and resolve vendor queries.
• Ensure that supplier terms are adhered to and that payments are made on time.
• Ensure critical payments are made by the due date
• Ensure “In Progress” invoices are checked daily and queries followed up on a daily basis.
• Post all transactions relating to spare parts and to ensure that detailed schedules for spares are updated monthly.
• Assist in preparing profitability analyses and reports for selected products on a monthly basis.
• Assist in processing warehouse transfers.
• Ensure that a consolidated throughput for raw materials and finished products is prepared on a monthly basis.
• Manufacturing products for the leather and Shoe department in the accounting system.
• Ensure that the cash control account is reconciled every month.
• Ensure that CTNs are reconciled to cash takings and cheques before banking.
• To assist in issuing receipts in the cashier’s office when he/she is not available
• Preparation of payment GRNs and manual cheques.
• Managing the movement of payment documents that are sent to Head Office for payment
• Preparing lists of all GRNs sent to Head Office ensuring that they have been received by the creditor’s manager at Head Office
• Any other duties that maybe given from time to time by the Accountant, Finance Manager or General Manager
• Grade 12 Certificate
• ZICA II, ACCA II, CIMA II or Diploma in Accountancy
• At least two years’ experience in an accounting environment
• Required computer literacy levels
• Strong Excel skills and knowledge of an accounting package preferably Pastel
• Strong, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Detailed process and analytical ability.
• Strong verbal / analytical reasoning ability.
• Compliance, Governance and Ethics.
• Customer Service orientated.
• Operational and Process excellence.
• Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment
• Ability to self-manage workload and work independently
• Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively
• Results driven, bias for action and a passion for excellence
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the above criteria should submit application, with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates and contact details of three (3) referees and should be addressed to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
NB. Internal applicants should get approvals from their Heads of Departments before applying and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25th October, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.