Assistant Accountant- Payables
Jobs at:Advanced Management Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
23 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our Client in the Transport and Logistics Industry seeks to engage an Assistant Accountant- Payables.
To effectively monitor cash flow, manage company vendors and control money transmission tools. The role is heavily inclined to vendor management and Client invoicing.
This position shall report to the Accountant Receivables.
• Invoicing and counter checking, PODs, receipts and other financial documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensure that invoices and supporting documents are compiled and submitted in good time to clients for payments.
• Processes payments to suppliers and contractors and ensure strict adherence to Payment’s procedures.
• Preparing and remitting taxes such as VAT, WHT, PAYE, NIHMA, NAPSA, Workers Compensation and all other statutory financial obligations.
• Posts financial entries into Pastel as per the Accounting Policy.
• Prepares Creditor reconciliations by employing the aging analysis.
• Ensure completeness of Accounts payable transactions.
• Ensure that adequate petty cash float is available by requesting for cash in good time.
• Ensure that petty cash account is reconciled weekly.
• Generate reports on payables and perform reconciliation against the payable control accounts.
• Maintain records on company vendors, assessing and identifying the most effective suppliers.
• Inventory Management (Diesel Account).
• 17. Payroll Journal management.
• A degree in Accounting or its equivalent (ACCA/ZICA).
• A minimum of 4 years working experience.
• Hands on experience in using Pastel partner.
• Good knowledge and understanding of internal controls.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
• Registered member of ZICA
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send your CV and cover letter only at this point to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should reach the address before Close of business on the 23rd May, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.