Jobs at:African Parks Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, August 16 2023
Date Posted: Friday, August 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• African Parks is a non-profit conservation organization that takes on the complete responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities. We currently manage 20 national parks and protected areas in 11 countries covering over 17 million hectares in: Angola, Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, the Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
• Assist the FA in the day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance function, under the direct supervision of the Financial Accountant, The Assistant Accountant will have to integrate quickly and demonstrate significantly his/her involvement in the daily life at the service of the Accounting of Africans Parks. In the absence of the Financial Accountant, he/she will have to ensure 100% management of the roles of the Financial Accountant without any flaws.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. The Assistant Accountant is responsible for entering accurate entries of all monthly cash transactions on the working sheet.
2. The Assistant Accountant is responsible for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the company’s day-to-day financial and accounting operations as well as regular reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) and year-end.
3. Prepare and reconcile of all work advances timely and accurately.
4. Undertaking stock counts and produce accurate monthly fuel, lubricants, spares usage reports and stock quarterly reports.
5. Preparation of monthly payroll inputs and reconciliation of salary advances.
6. Ensure monthly transactions are properly filed and complete.
7. Maintain adequate monthly cashflow.
8. Timely preparation and submission of statutory returns (NHIMA,Napsa, PAYE,WHT,workers compensation, personal levy etc)
9. Ensuring that transactions are accurately set on the Bank for approval.
10. Ensure that transactions are captured accurately in Serenic.
11. Ensure that they understand, interpret and monitor the budget.
12. Assist the team with any additional work.
Capabilities, competencies and experience
1. Minimum Diploma in Accounting or ACCA level 1 or CIMA certificate or ZICA technician with 3 years of experience
2. Must be a registered member of ZICA.
3. Previous experience with any Donor-funded programs or External Audit.
4. Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
5. Experience in preparation of returns such as PAYE, NPASA & NHIMA.
6. Proficiency with accounting software.
7. Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
African Parks Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants for this position must have a clean record and traceable references. Candidates must include a day time contact number.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV with a covering letter describing their suitability for the role. All applicants must include at least 3 contactable references.
• Application must be submitted to the Regional Human Resources Manager, by email to email@example.com by 16 August 2023.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.