Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assists in the preparation of financial statements and accounts, budgeting, managing ledgers, processing invoices and receiving of accounting documents from various shops.
Key Duties and Essential Job Functions
• Ensures the complete and accurate posting of transactions in PASTEL accounting system, for the management of the project expenditures.
• Makes sure all the expenditure receipts and other supporting documents are received from the shops on time; are checked for completeness and well coded on time.
• Assists in the timely scanning of documents as per requirements.
• Ensures completion of financial documents received in a timely manner, ready for review with the Project Accountant.
• Assists in preparing monthly VAT schedules.
• Assists to prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations for the Project’s bank accounts.
• Provides support to the Accounts clerks, Project Leaders, and work closely with them to ensure that finances and financial information is accurate and up to date.
• Assists to check the monthly payroll for the Project, as well as the accompanying schedules, such as NAPSA, PAYE, NHIMA, etc.
• Assists in the preparations for both internal and external audits.
• Assists in ensuring that the accounting records and books of accounts are kept up to date.
• Assists in ensuring that reconciliation of debtors and creditors statements are done monthly, by the due date.
• Ensures all capital expenditure is capitalised and back-up is provided to the Project Accountant.
• Ensures that all invoices are collected and payments are paid on time.
• Reconciles inter-project transactions and raises recharges across the organisation in accordance with the organisation’s inter-project policy.
• Provides timely responses to audit queries.
• Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalent
• Knowledge of Pastel Accounting, or similar financial accounting package
• Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
• Three (03) years experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), by email to:
Human Resources, DAPP in Zambia Headquarters, 12 Luneta Road, Northrise, Ndola
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
Copies of certificates and other credentials must not be submitted at this stage.
The position title must be indicated in the subject area of the email.
The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicants full names must be used as the file name for the document. Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
The closing date for receiving applications shall be 14th June, 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.