Jobs at:Excellence Skills Corporation Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 17 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Excellence Skills Corporation Limited is a network of experts with local and global know-how who provides complete human resource and business solutions to client companies in Zambia.
• Our client is a leading milling company with maize and rice milling facilities in Lusaka, Northern, Luapula, Southern, Western, and Northwestern provinces of Zambia. The Company buys maize from farmers from all parts of the country including rural areas which supplements the Government’s efforts of providing alternative and early maize markets for farmers. The Company then produces mealie-meal which is sold in different areas of the country at affordable prices. The Company also produces maize bran and other products to contribute to the growth of the livestock industry in the country.
• We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized individual to join the team at a leading maize buying milling company who will play a vital role in ensuring accurate financial records, assisting in financial reporting, and supporting the overall financial operations of the company.
1. Cash Management:
• Responsible for verification of cash together with the Superior before money is locked in the safe at close of business.
• Responsible for cash deposits and withdrawals on behalf of the Company as an agent.
2. Financial Data Entry and Maintenance:
• Record daily financial transactions, including purchases, sales, and expenses related to grain or maize procurement and milling operations.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records in accounting software or spreadsheets.
3. Accounts Payable and Receivable:
• Process supplier invoices, ensuring accuracy and proper documentation.
• Monitor accounts receivable and assist in collecting outstanding payments from customers.
4. Bank Reconciliation:
• Reconcile bank statements with company records to identify discrepancies and ensure accurate account balances.
5. Inventory Management:
• Assist in tracking and reconciling grain or maize inventory levels, ensuring accuracy in physical stock and recorded quantities.
• Balancing all mealie depots with cash and stock verification.
6. Expense Tracking and Analysis:
• Categorize and allocate expenses to appropriate accounts for accurate cost analysis.
• Assist in preparing expense reports and budget variance analysis.
7. Financial Reporting:
• Prepare and generate financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements as may be guided.
8. Business Performance:
• Assist with competitor price analysis to make adjustment when need be.
• Making price adjustments for mealie meal as advised by Superior.
9. Compliance and Documentation:
• Preparing payroll, PAYE, NAPSA, NHIMA and Workers Compensation returns and sending them for verification.
• Making payments for trading licenses/health/fire/business levy for the branch.
• Ensure compliance with accounting principles, company policies, and relevant regulations.
• Maintain proper documentation and filing systems.
10. Assist in Auditing:
• Collaborate with external auditors during financial audits to provide necessary documentation and explanations.
11. Support Month-End and Year-End Closing:
• Participate in month-end and year-end closing procedures, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
12. Assist in Process Improvement:
• Identify opportunities for process improvements within the accounting function and provide suggestions for enhanced efficiency and accuracy.
Qualifications And Experience:
• Minimum of Certificate in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• At least 2 years of relevant accounting experience.
• Proficiency in Excel and accounting software.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, and standards.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
• High level of integrity and ethical behaviour.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
• If you are a dedicated and motivated individual with a passion, we invite you to apply for this exciting role:
1. Residents of Kasama and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply.
2. Attach your application letter, copy of qualifications, identification (NRC), and curriculum vitae (CV).
3. Apply by completing the Applicant Data Form on this link.
4. Deadline for applications shall be 13th August 2023.
5. Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required shall be considered for shortlisting.
6. No form of lobbying or corruption will be allowed. Report any form of corruption or requests for payments to +260974332222 or the nearest Police station.
• Excellence Skills Corporation Limited Is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.