Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Great North Credit Limited
Deadline of this Job:
09 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing the general ledger including overseeing preparation of the monthly balance sheet, banking and inter-company reconciliations
• Completion of the monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and depreciation schedules• Daily and Weekly cash balances reporting and submission of weekly payments plan.
• Managing Cash and Cash equivalents and ensuring that monthly reconciliation are done as per deadline.
• Managing the company’s working capital and ensuring correctness and accuracy in record keeping and reconciliations.
• Manage correct processing of daily financial transactions in the financial system (Pastel) and monthly preparation of Trial balance.
• Ensure correct Management of Petty cash
• Preparation of Payroll and Tax returns
• Assisting in the preparation of year end trial balance and statutory accounts
• Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting
• Ensure correct and efficient processing of payments and postings into the payment’s module.
• Ensure timely preparation of Sales invoices.
• Ensuring Accounting standards are adhered to
• Liaison with external Auditors, Bank Managers and Tax specialists
• Assisting in process improvement and systems enhancement initiatives
• Proactively identify new initiatives that could benefit the organization.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The required skills and attributes that are needed for this role include:
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in accounting
• Experienced in a Chartered Accounting firm can be advantageous
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Process and deadline driven mindset with a keen eye for detail
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong negotiator who can develop ongoing working relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform data and statistical analysis to spot trends and anomalies
• Knowledge in Sage or Pastel, including Excel, Word and other financial software and tools for reporting and analysis purposes
• Bachelor’s Degree in accountancy, Finance, or related field
• Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA II or CIMA II will be an added advantage.
• Must be a fully registered member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their applications electronically or handwritten accompanied by latest and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with copies of their professional qualification which should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: 9th July,2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.