Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB)
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Act No. 31 of 2016 to provide for the administration, granting, investment, payment and recovery of student loans; provide for the administration and granting of scholarships; facilitate the mobilisation of financial resources for loans and scholarships, and provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
HELSB is inviting competent, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to apply for the above position to be based in Lusaka, on permanent and pensionable terms:
a. Job Purpose
Reporting to the Accountant, the Assistant Accountant shall undertake accounting functions in order to ensure efficient utilisation and accountability of public funds.
b. Principal Accountabilities
• Undertakes effectively, the execution of expenditure in order to ensure that spending is in line with the approved budget and financial regulations;
• Undertakes effectively, the maintenance of books of accounts and records in order to facilitate the preparation of financial reports.
• Undertakes timely, the preparation of responses in order to resolve audit queries and ensure unqualified accounts;
• Undertakes periodically recoveries of advances, damages and losses in order to facilitate repayments;
• Undertakes timely processing of payments in order to facilitate implementation of programmes;
• Undertakes effectively, the development and implementation of internal controls in order to enhance transparency and accountability in the utilization of financial and material resources;
• Undertakes effectively, accounting for assets in order to safeguard public property; and
• Undertakes timely development of work plans in order to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of performance.
c. Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalent.
• 2 years relevant experience.
d. Skills and Attributes
• Ability to write technical reports.
• Able to communicate fluently to English.
• Should have: Integrity, Interpersonal skills, Analytical skill and Computer literate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above Job Specifications and Competencies, Skills and
Attributes should send their applications enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae,
Photocopies of NRC, Professional and any other relevant documents in hard copy form only to:
The Chief Executive Officer Or Hand delivered to:
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
Or Hand delivered to:
United Church House
Second (2nd) Floor
Closing date for receipt of applications is 15th March, 2023.
HELSB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the employment of any person on the basis of race, health, tribe, sex, political affiliation, religion or physical ability.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.