Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Law Association of Zambia (LAZ)
Deadline of this Job:
23 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) is currently seeking the services of a suitably qualified person to fill the position of: Assistant Accountant.
The Assistant Accountant will report to the Accountant and Executive Director and shall be based in Lusaka, Zambia at the LAZ House and shall be primarily responsible for executing daily accounting activities in support of the Association.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and relevant reports.
• Manage bank and cash ensuring that relevant controls are in place that will ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the income and expenditure cycles.
• Preparation and performance of Bank Reconciliations.
• Process payroll and generation of relevant related reports.
• Timely preparation of NAPSA, SDL, PAYE, NHIMA schedules. Submission of all statutory returns and payments to relevant authorities.
• Help resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
• Posting transactions and maintenance of accounting records.
• Reconciliation of general ledger and sub-ledger for receivable and payable balances. Assist in managing the Associations short- and long-term investments including making recommendations of viable investments.
• Timely receipting and posting of member account transactions and performance of reconciliations etc.
• Involvement in the year end audit & other audits including preparation of yearly financial statements.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A full Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent, with English and Mathematics. CIMA/ACCA/Degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in accounting field; (audit is an added advantage). Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Knowledge and experience of Pastel Evolution Accounting Software.
• Competency in Microsoft and other applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook, Teams, ZOOM Conferencing etc.
• Good technical and analytical skills.
• Knowledge on file management and other administrative procedures.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines and extended hours.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications should send their applications attaching their cover letter, CV and copies of both academic and professional qualifications in a SINGLE PDF document (SOFT COPY ONLY) by Thursday, 23rd March 2023 via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org _and addressed to:
The Executive Director
Law Association of Zambia
House No. 1 Lagos Road, Rhodes Park
P.O. Box 35271
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.