Jobs at:Luapula Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 17 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job Opportunities
Luapula Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (LpWSCO), is a Commercial Utility mandated to provide water supply and sanitation services to the urban and the rural areas of Luapula Province. The Company operates under the legal framework as outlined in the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997. The Commercial Utility was incorporated under the Companies Act Cap 338 of the laws of Zambia and operates in five out of the twelve districts in the Province, namely Mansa, Nchelenge, Mwense, Kawambwa and Samfya. The Commercial Utility, being an equal opportunity employer, seeks to recruit high profiled, self-motivated, innovative, honest, committed, adequately and appropriately experienced person to fill the vacant position of ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT to be based in Mansa.
• Purpose of the Role
To ensure that input payables data is accurately and timely captured into Pastel Evolution Accounting Software to enhance accurate production of financial reports.
Main Duties of the Job
• Prepare weekly and monthly cash flow statements to support planning for cash flows.
• Collect bank statements from all Banks by the 5th day of the month following the end of the month to which such bank statements relate.
• Ensure that all payments made in each month are reflecting on the bank statements.
• Produce the bank reconciliations for all the accounts by the 10th day of the month following the end of the month.
• Check to ensure that all records including payment vouchers, supplier invoices are in place and adequately supported.
• Capture all payment vouchers and supplier invoices into Pastel.
• Collect all utility bills including ZESCO, ZAMTEL and Water bills and input into Pastel monthly.
• Ensure that necessary payroll adjustments on salaries and leave days are accurately made monthly.
• Ensure that journals including salary journals, leave days and gratuity journals are captured monthly.
• Ensure that schedules for all monthly intern wage bills are collected from the Districts and captured into Pastel monthly.
• Ensure that all the payments made are distributed to the relevant Payee.
• Ensure that all the backlog accounts including petty cash, business travel imprest and other payables are updated speedily.
• Ensure filing of documents is properly done with all box files appropriately labelled for ease of identification.
• Processing NAPSA, NHIMA and PAYE returns monthly and ensuring that Workers Compensation Funds assessments are done as and when required to do so.
Qualifications and experience
• Full Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent with passes in English and Mathematics
• ZICA (Lic), Degree in Accountancy or better
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
• Proficient in Pastel
• Must be Reliable, Honest, integrity keeper, Computer literate and able to Numerate.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft package.
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
• Proven experience in a busy environment for 5 years
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com not later than 13th October 2023 and must be addressed to:
• The Managing Director
Luapula Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O Box 710594 MANSA.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.