Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Okavango Foods Limited
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A thriving local food manufacturing company is seeking a vibrant, innovative and competent individual to join its team as an Assistant Accountant to be based in Lusaka on full time basis.
Below are the functions you will be expected to perform;
• Maintaining of daily and monthly bank and Cash reconciliation and ensure it balances as per bank statement
• Capturing of all purchase invoices in sequential order in into the accounting software (QuickBooks)
• Allocation of invoices to the system, scrutinizing the expense ledger accounts
• Ensuring that debtors and creditors are balancing on, monthly and yearly basis
• Ensuring that all aged analysis are up to date and payments have been allocated
• Reviewing and signing off on all the accounts payable aged analysis on a weekly and monthly basis ensuring that all supplier accounts are balancing.
• Ensuring that all costs have been processed and whether accruals need to be raised
• Preparation, classification, recording and processing accounting transactions and ensures that allocation to accounts is accurate.
• Ensuring that all invoices are processed timeously
• Allocation of invoices and receipts to the system
• Ensuring that all customer accounts are up to date and payments have been allocated
• Reconciliation of customer accounts and their balance
• Reviewing all the accounts receivable age analysis on a weekly and monthly basis ensuring that all customer age analysis balancing.
• Preparation of stock variance reports on daily basis.
• Assisting in the preparation of the Audit files and finalization of year end accounts.
• Filing of all statutory obligations such as NAPSA, NHIMA, PAYE and VAT on a timely basis.
• Preparation of provisional and final income tax returns.
• Ensuring that all documents are properly filed.
• Assisting in the Preparation of Management Accounts.
• Posting journals into the system.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• ZICA II, ACCA II, CIMA II or Diploma in Accountancy
• At least (2) two years’ experience in an manufacturing accounting environment
• Required computer literacy levels
• Strong Excel skills and knowledge of an accounting package
• Strong, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Detailed process and analytical ability.
• Strong verbal / analytical reasoning ability.
• Customer Service orientated.
• Operational and Process excellence.
• Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment
• Ability to self-manage workload and work independently
• Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively.
• Results driven, bias for action and a passion for excellence.
• Should be tax cautious and be able to compute taxes in a timely manner.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet above the requirements, please send your cover letter ( indicating your salary expectation) and updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 12th November 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.