Jobs at:Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory body for the pensions and insurance industries in Zambia. The Authority supervises and regulates entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These include, among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Assistant Accountant for a period of three months.
Reporting to the Liquidator, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for payments and receipts, petty cash, maintenance of logical filling system and collection and delivery of financial correspondence.
• To receive applications and compile payment schedules to the Liquidator & Policyholder Protection Committee;
• To reconcile Policyholder statements;
• To maintain a logical and systematic filing system for all accounting documents;
• To raise payments in accordance with company procedures and relevant regulations;
• To prepare bank reconciliations;
• To prepare statutory returns.
Qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of a Diploma in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution or Professional qualification such as part ACCA / ZICA/CIMA
• Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics
• Good report writing skills
• Computer literate
• Good interpersonal skills
• At least 2 years’ relevant experience at a similar level
• A Member of ZICA
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below.
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should email the cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of Grade 12 certificate, degree and other professional qualifications as a single PDF file named First.Surname – Assistant Accountant.pdf to: email@example.com or send a physical copy to the address below.
The deadline is 15th September, 2022.
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Pension and Insurance Authority
Stand No. 4618 Lubwa road,
Rhodespark P/Bag 30xRidgeway
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.