Jobs at:Spectra Oil Corporation Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Spectra Oil Corporation Limited invites applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the position of Assistant Accountant.
• Spectra Oil is a dynamic leading Oil Company in Zambia. The company provides accelerated careers, leadership opportunities and is driven by core values of trustworthiness, entrepreneurship, innovation and passion to excel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
• Creation of Remittance payments made to local and foreign suppliers
• Analyse and comment on various expense lines in the financial statements to help with the preparation of the monthly management report.
• Analysis of company staff fuel bills to ensure and monitor compliance in the usage of the benefit given by the company and improve the accuracy of the information provided for payment.
• Examine and accrue supplier invoices to ensure that the payables balances in the various sub-ledger accounts are accurate.
• Creation and review accuracy of supplier information prepared for payment.
• Preparation of Monthly Bank and Supplier Reconciliations
• Monthly reconciliation of the company’s bank accounts under tight deadlines.
• Reconciled supplier accounts by ensuring any mis posted journal entries are posted to the correct account thereby giving accurate information for financial reporting purposes.
• Capturing of data, examining accounting records and participating in the preparation of financial statements by ensuring that the trial balance account balances are accurately extracted from accounting ledgers.
• Monthly amortization of the company’s prepayment account.
• Analyse company expenses of different nature and correctly allocate them to the relevant cost centres to enable departmental managers have accurate information when preparing their annual budgets.
Preparation of Cash and Cheque deposit slips for banking
• Daily collection of cash and cheques from the sales depot for banking the next working day.
• Preparation of cash and cheque deposit slips
• Represent the company as an agent at the bank
• NB: Spectra has a depot where cash sales are made every working day
Participate in Quarterly Inventory counts
• An Inventory count is an internal control put in place by the company to ensure that the amount of stock in the system used (SAGE X3) is the same as the amount of stock being counted.
• Preparation of reports after the inventory count to provide information on the accuracy of the information in the accounting system (SAGE X3) and the effectiveness of the control in place being the physical count.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of ACCA -Level II
• A minimum of 3 years work experience
• Working experience in Sage X3 or pastel
• Excel proficiency
• Time Management
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to handle large quantities of work
• Verbal Communication
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, together with CVs and copies of certificates to the address below
Digital Transformation Specialist
Spectra Oil Corporation Limited
P O Box 35402
Send electronic copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.