Jobs at:Widenergy Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Assistant Accountant Reports To: Senior Accountant Location: Hq, Lusaka
Job Level: Entry Level Function/Business Area:
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities:
• Maintain updated fixed asset register for the organization.
• Advise management to plan for fixed asset revaluations, in line with accounting policies.
• Review and post accounting entries into pastel accounting system.
• Review assigned General Ledger balance sheet account reconciliations, including tax accounts and selected bank reconciliations.
• Help ensure accurate and up to date schedule of receivables account for the purpose of arrears management.
• Analyze various income streams platforms of the organization which are (mobile money wallets and bank statements) and ensure accuracy.
• Perform periodic reconciliations with the collections account (MTN, Airtel & Zamtel merchants).
• Generate monthly revenue reports and work closely with sales and repayment departments to track revenue collections.
• Coordinate with Sales and Operations Manager to process payments of commissions to Sales Agents.
• Receive invoices and prepare them for payment.
• Make follow up on pending payments.
• Verification of purchases in line with the procurement policy.
• Conduct monthly stock counts and reports for service centres and HQ.
• Make reconciliations for employees who return from field work to ensure complete retirements of all staff field advances.
• Prepare timely financial reports and budget variance for assigned projects.
• Ensure proper filing of all revenue and payment documents.
• Provide assistance to the Accountant with day-to-day accounting duties.
• Perform other assignments as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• A degree in Accounting or its equivalent (ACCA/ZICA).
• A minimum of 3 years working experience.
• Hands on experience in using Pastel partner.
• Good knowledge and understanding of internal controls.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
• Registered member of ZICA
• Sober character and honest.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.