Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Xodus 31 Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, April 11 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, April 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for managing the company’s debtors’ aging analysis, processing all invoices and receipts, ensuring VAT compliance, processing bank reconciliations, and managing all tax liabilities. Work closely with the Senior Finance Officer to ensure that all financial transactions are accurate and compliant with relevant regulations.
• Run the Debtors Aging Analysis report weekly and review it with Senior Finance Officer.
• Process all received and signed GRVs with supporting supplier invoices for goods and services received.
• Process all returns to suppliers with supporting signed credit notes from the supplier.
• Check each tax invoice for VAT compliance.
• Reconcile all bank statements and get them reviewed by Senior Finance Officer.
• Process receipts and issues of stocks in the Sage Pastel module.
• Capitalize all approved assets when capturing GRVs and ensure correct supplier invoices are in place.
• Process import VAT and duty to the respective accounts from the BOE stamped by ZRA.
• Ensure that all ZRA and other liabilities, such as WHT, PAYE, NAPSA, NHIMA, etc., are ready by the 3rd of each month and reconciled by the 5th of each month.
• Implement and enforce systems and controls across the business to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Participate in the monthly stock counts on dates scheduled by the management.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Finance Officer.
• Diploma in Accounting or professional qualification such ACCA/CIMA/ CA Zambia Level II.
• 2+ years of experience in accounting, preferably manufacturing Industry.
• Proficient in Sage accounting software and Microsoft Excel
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Membership with the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) or progress towards membership would be an advantage.
Note: All applicants are kindly advised to use the provided contacts below, failure will result in immediate disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and potential Candidates must send their applications to email@example.com, Copy: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also visit our offices at plot F/1998 P1, Corner of Mungwi & Kasupe Rd, Sikale Buidings, Lusaka west.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.