Assistant Accounts Officer- Receivables
Jobs at:Dangote Industries Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated by the plant in the course of its business by managing customers’ accounts with absolute accuracy and completeness.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales orders issued to customers.
• Confirm customer deposit into DCP’s bank account and post against customer’s account.
• Reconcile customer accounts to the general ledger balances.
• Identify irregularities in the customer account reconciliation and work with the relevant Sales and Marketing staff to resolve these issues.
• Post necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation.
• Review the commercial agreement entered in the database for each customer to ensure it complies with the written agreement.
• Reconcile cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank, on a daily basis.
• Recognize revenue on receipt of proof of delivery (invoice, waybill, haulage invoice, etc).
• Analyse cash/ credit sales vs. cement dispatch (weighbridge) vs. actual quantity of cement produced on a weekly basis; investigate and resolve all variances identified.
• Generate monthly Sales and Collection Report to aid management decision making.
• Resolve queries on customer account balance and provide account history where required.
• Generate customer ageing report and follow up with relevant staff in Sales and Marketing on due sales orders to ensure payments are received.
• Proactively and efficiently execute work plans as approved by the AR Supervisor.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of AR Supervisor and other relevant parties.
• Track customer bank guarantees and liaise with the relevant banks to ensure payment is made on the bank guarantee’s due date(s).
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the AR Supervisor
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics
• Full Grade Twelve school certificate
• Relevant, Recognized and Accredited Professional Accounting Qualification
• Minimum of Three (3) years progressive and relevant experience
• Hands on experience in ERP system, preferably SAP.
• Medical Insurance Cover
• In-House Pension Scheme
• Production Bonus
• Life Assurance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.