Vacancy title: Assistant Cost Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:First Quantum
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Job Purpose
The Assistant Cost Accountant will maintain and monitor cost processes for all the business activities
Specific Job Responsibility
• Prepare monthly variance analysis reports and provide commentary.
• Assist departmental staff on correct cost allocation and analyse cost codes in line with budgetary plans.
• Provided PO status reports for cost accrual purposes.
• Discuss with procurement and planning department on stock item cost allocation.
• Ensure that the actual budget is within the set limits
• Formulate cost control measures
• Assist in collecting data for budget and forecast.
• Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular, on spending variances
• Working closely with IT Management, understand the projected vision and together work towards achieving the targets
• Ensure tactful communication of difficult / sensitive information
• Ensure adherence to and implementation of Group ICT standards and policies
Job Specific Competencies
The Assistant Cost Accountant will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
• At least 1 years of Accounting/Finance experience
• Accounting and Mathematics skills
• Cost experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage
• Excellent Excel Skills, Powerpoint and word
• Experience in an ERP system
• Ability to deliver accurate and detailed reports in a timely manner.
• Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results
• Must be honesty and have integrity
• Ability to work as part of a team
Experience Required to Perform in This Job
• Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in Mining or similar industry
• Day to day liaise with departments.
• Compile and analyse capital budgeting requests
• Perform any other duties to support the business
• Work closely with the management accountant and ensure all cost control systems are working efficiently
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Accounting and part CIMA, ACCA qualified
• Must be an affiliate of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.