Assistant Finance & Administration Officer
Jobs at:Silondwa Engineering Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 17 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Silondwa Safaris Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced members of the public for the following vacant position:
ASSISTANT FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
To provide financial, administrative and clerical support in order to ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated in the course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
1. STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES
(a) Maintains and updates the fixed asset register in order to insure that all company assets are well monitored and accounted for.
(b) Plans, coordinates and prepares departmental and overall budget in order to know how much will be needed for each department.
(c) Ensures proper management and control of cash and guarantee timely and accurate payment of creditors in order to meet the business financial requirements.
(d) Completes monthly and annual statutory returns for and other licenses in order to provide compliance with the Company Acts of Zambia.
(e) Holds cost review meetings on a monthly basis to drill into the cost incurred for that month.
(f) Monitors budgetary control activities aimed at comparing budget with actual expenditure in order to highlight variances.
• Maintains an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales and orders received from customers
• Confirms customer deposit into company’s bank account and post against customer’s account
• Conducts reconciliation of the bank deposits received from the customer ledger on a daily basis
• Posts necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation
• Reconciles cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank on a daily basis.
• Analyses cash/credit sales against actual quantity of blocks produced on a weekly basis, investigate and resolve all variances identified.
• Maintains and develops office filling on both manual and electronically for future references
Education and Work Experience
• Diploma or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline
• 2 years of relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies
• Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the Tourism industry
• Good knowledge of accounting of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards
• Basic of accounting packages and systems, including SAP
• Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
• High ethical standards and integrity
• Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Applications accompanied with CVs, copies of certificates and verifiable references should be addressed not later than 2nd November 2023 to:
• The Human Resource Manager
• Silondwa Safaris Limited
• P.O. Box 72463
• Email : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
• NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.