Assistant Finance Officer
Jobs at:Enko Education
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, October 09 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pestalozzi Education Centre, a school of the Enko Education network, is looking for a new Assistant Finance Officer!
The Assistant Finance Officer supports the Accounting department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact-checking, filing, and other duties, as needed.
• Producing an accurate set of management accounts on a monthly basis, according to internal deadlines and local/international accounting standards,
• Process cash sales, EFTPOS transactions and perform daily sales reconciliation
• Assist the Accounting department in handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person
• Ensure all receipted funds are deposited in line with school policy guidelines, manage and record petty cash transactions
• Processing of transactions, issuing cheques, and updating ledgers
• Update the school’s fixed asset register on a monthly basis
• Ensuring compliance with Enko Education’s financial standards & practices.
• Implementing financial policies and processes to ensure operational efficiency
• Performing the physical filing of accounting and banking documents
• Participating in procurement initiatives as required by the Principal
• Assist with preparation of documentation for annual external audits
• The Assistant account will be supporting financial practitioners and senior staff members as required, which may include processing documentation related to financial reporting, operating budgets, quotations and inventory adjustments.
• The Assistant Finance Officer to have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and demonstrate proficiency with computers and software, such as Google sheets, MS Excel and Xero accounting software.
The Assistant Finance Officer reports directly to the Finance Officer, Head of School based in Lusaka, Zambia.
As an ideal candidate, you:
• Are fluent in spoken and written English
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance/Audit related fields
• Have at least 2-3 years of work experience in a similar position
• Have a thorough knowledge of tax laws and financial regulations in Zambia
• Are objective-driven and able to work autonomously under minimal supervision
• Are confident to interact with parents and able to handle pressure with composure
• Are organised and know how to prioritise and multitask
• Master Microsoft Excel/Google sheets and at least one accounting software, preference will be given to candidates with Xero experience,
• Share our excitement and understand the challenges of offering affordable international education in Africa
The applicant must be legally authorised to work in Zambia. Knowledge about Zambia’s international school landscape is an advantage.
• About Enko Education
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access to the world’s best universities for learners across Africa. Enko Education has developed innovative programmes leading to globally recognized and sought after qualiﬁcations. We are able to offer those at a fraction of the cost charged by Enko Education is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to inclusion, a diverse workforce and valuing differences. other international schools in Africa. Furthermore, Enko learners are supported in their higher education applications through our university guidance programme. It supports them in selecting the right universities and then securing both admission and ﬁnancing for their studies. We offer an outstanding learning experience striving to educate our learners with Africa at heart and the world in mind.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.