Vacancy title: Assistant Internal Auditor[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Occupational Health and Safety Institute (OHSI)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, May 19 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Occupational Health and Safety Institute (OHSI) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Labour and Social Security established under the Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 36 of 2010, has its main Offices situated in Kitwe with two branch offices in Solwezi and Lusaka, is looking for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following positions:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the Institute in providing independent and impartial assurance services in all areas of governance, risk, and control.
• Prepares monthly audit programmes and timely submits them to the supervisor for evaluation.
• Evaluates controls, governance systems and risk management systems
• Carries out normal planned audits in the annual audit plan and investigative audit duties as given by the Internal Auditor.
• Prepares and maintains audit working papers as needed for audits, and ensures that all audit work is correctly recorded and filed.
• Draft audit reports are prepared and sent to the supervisor for review and evaluation, including observations, strengths and weaknesses, findings, and suggestions.
• Does a post-audit of payments and document important findings for periodic reporting.
• Does any other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the Internal Auditor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor of Accounting, ZICA Licentiate /ACCA II or equivalent.
2. Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
3. Three years relevant post qualification experience.
4. Experience in a statutory institution will be an added advantage.
5. Strong skills in word and excel of the Microsoft Office package. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
1. Honest and reliable with high moral strength.
2. Innovative and proactive.
3. High degree of attention to detail
4. High degree of integrity.
5. Tact and diplomacy.
6. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit;
a cover letter, Educational & Professional Qualifications and a detailed C.V to; The Director,
Occupational Health and Safety Institute.
P.O. Box 20205
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday, 19th May, 2023. For any queries contact the Institute on the following numbers: 0973869675 or 0764836633
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.