Vacancy title: Assistant Procurement Officer – Contract Management[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Electoral Commission of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill in the position of Assistant Procurement Officer – Contract Management
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To prepare and monitor contract performance of procured goods, works and services ensuring value for money in compliance with the Zambia Public Procurement Act No. 8 of 2020 and Commission Policy.
The Assistant Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement Officer in charge of works, services and non-consulting services and will be required to work in collaboration with the Head Procurement on some critical procurements and offer timely advice on the status of such procurements.
1. Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or its equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or law with Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 5 Diploma or Post-Graduate Diploma in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS).
3. Valid Membership of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS). Good Knowledge of SAP or any other ERP System.
5. Three (03) year post qualifying relevant experience in Public Procurement or any large scale private multinational where contract management and administration is critical part of the Supply Chain Management function.
6. Experience in a quasi-government institution.
7. Experience in contract management Model law such as FIDIC with claim management will be an added advantage.
1. Execute activity plans to facilitate the implementation of the Procurement plans to achieve the Commission’s objective.
2. Receives specifications of requirements and prepare enquiries and ensure dissemination of the same to prospective bidders;
3. Implements cost saving measures in line with procurement Commission policies and procedures;
4. Ensure contractual obligations such as delivery times, quality and specifications adherence and payment terms;
5. Timely preparation of contracts to relevant approvals authorities for clearance i.e. Accountant General and Attorney General;
6. Act as a focal point with appointed contract managers for various procurements and provide advice on pertinent matters regarding contract execution;
7. Hold regular meeting with vendors and appointed contract managers in order to solve performance and other related challenges to ensure smooth operations in contract execution;
8. To ensure change orders and addenda are expeditiously effected to the varied contracts including Local Purchase Orders;
9. Prepare Framework agreements for routine services stock and non-stock procurements so as to avoid stock outs and operational disruption across the commission:
10. Ensure contractual clauses pertaining to delays, non-performance and poor contract execution are timely invoked on all erring vendors;
11. Ensure contract status reports are compiled and submitted for decision making.
12. Implements the Commission’s process for vendor management, including resolving of problems between suppliers and client departments, advising on applicable penalties in cases of breach and termination of contracts as may be provided in the contract.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALITIES REQIURED
2. Good communication skills
3. Computer literate
4. Good analytical skills.
1. Honest and reliable with moral strength.
2. Proactive and innovative.
3. High degree of integrity.
4. Tact and diplomacy.
5. Should be able to plan and work with minimum supervision.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
1. Good inter-personal and communication skills.
2. Analytical and organizational skills.
3. Strong ICT, writing and presentation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and contact number including details of three (3) traceable referees and their contact numbers not later than 31st March, 2023.
The Acting Chief Electoral Officer
Electoral Commission of Zambia
Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. Box 50274
NB. The Commission is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.