Jobs at:PKF Zambia Chartered Accountants
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, September 26 2023
Date Posted: Monday, September 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Role
• The audit trainee is responsible for assisting the audit team in conducting audits. This role’s primary responsibility is to support the audit team in conducting audits. The Audit trainee will perform daily hands-on tasks as assigned to him/her, contributing to the development of their professional skills. Under the supervision of a team leader, the successful candidate will be expected to assist in the conduct of audits from start to finish.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
• Assist in preparing and analysing various financial records to ensure accuracy.
• Assist in testing for controls or substantive tests to be performed with due care.
• Assist in checking, inspecting, and reconciling various accounts as per audit programs.
• Assist in preparing bank letters, lawyers’ letters, etc. for clients as per instructions from the audits team
• Assist in analysing client’s statutory records such as VAT, PAYE PACRA returns, etc., making sure that they are prepared in accordance with the law and that the client meets their legal obligation.
• Supports the audit team in fulfilling their responsibilities.
• Will be expected to keep a record of time spent on each activity he/she will be assigned taking into account the budgeted time allocated to each activity.
• Assist in the preparation of the documentation for following up on outstanding documents/matters by the senior/supervisor with clients to ensure timely resolution.
• Maintains effective communication with the engagement team throughout the audit process.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be a registered ZICA member or a student under the ZICA training scheme
• Must have a professional accounting qualification such as CA Zambia Knowledge Level or Application Level, ZICA Technician or Licentiate, or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CA Zambia, ACCA, or CIMA will be an added advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Uncompromising on integrity and ethics
• Should have the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to adapt to change
• Able to manage pressure to meet deadlines
• Able to work late hours were necessary
• Completes own work within timescale and budget
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Builds constructive relationships with other team members
• Provide relevant feedback to the team leader or supervisor in a timely manner
• Has reasonable knowledge and application of IFRS for SMEs and IFRS
• We offer professional development opportunities in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• The closing date for receipt of applications is 22 September 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Address the applications to The Human Resources Director.
• Please send your application letter and other credentials as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the email subject as Audit Trainee Application.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.