Jobs at:Youth Projects Development Platform
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Youth Projects Development Platform (YPDP) is a registered National Youth-Led Non-Governmental Organization based in Lusaka. The organization was established in 2017 but got its legal status on the 3rd of August 2021. The aim of YPDP is to create a more developed Zambia and champion the economic independence of young people. The Organizations primary focuses is on personal development; youth development; community development; human welfare; as well as environmental protection, conservation and sanitation.
Our vision is to see a Zambia in which youths are educated, their ideas, entrepreneurial initiatives, inventions and innovations become a reality and an environment that is healthy and sustainable.
Our mission however is to empower youths in creating a more developed Zambia by educating the vulnerable, promoting and supporting cooperative entrepreneurial initiatives, inventions and innovations as well as a health and sustained environment.
Our core values
• Love: Our actions are inspired by love towards humanity and other living and non-living creation.
• Nature: We realize and understand the interdependence and interrelation of all forms of life and their importance. We therefore respect and treat all things with love and care.
• Transparency: We pledge to be transparent in all our operations including the running our programs and projects, how funds are used and how decision are made.
• Accountability: We pledge to be answerable to all our stakeholders including funders, sponsors, members, partners and beneficiaries.
• Partnership: We realize that achieving our vision can only be made possible through partnering with others.
• Human Development: Enlarging peoples’ freedoms and opportunities as well as improving their wellbeing is our noblest desire and our task too.
• Commitment to Positive Change: We realize the inherent ability and capability of youths in bringing about change in all areas of life.
• To promote youth invention and innovations through mobilization of resources, partnership and enhancement of kills;
• To promote, encourage and sustain the establishment of youth cooperatives and entrepreneurial initiatives;
• To support vulnerable children and young people by awarding them partial or full sponsorships; and
• To promote a health and sustainable natural environment.
Youth Projects Development Platform runs four interlinked and interdependent broad Programs and this includes the 100 Youths, Green-Clean Youth Response, Edu-Fund and Youth Inventions and Innovations.
The 100 Youths: The 100 Youth Program aims to promote, encourage and support the establishment of youth cooperative and entrepreneurial initiatives. The program is born out of the need for coming up with a sound and realistic approach for the development of Zambia and the realization that, as a country, we have all it takes to begin the pilgrimage toward economic independence.
The Green-Clean Youth Response: The Green-Clean Youth Response Program aims at promoting a green, clean, healthy and sustainable natural and habitable environment by encouraging youths to take a lead in responding to and addressing climate, environmental and sanitation issues all across Zambia through action.
Youth Inventions and Innovations: Youth Inventions and Innovations Program aims at promoting and supporting creative ideas and seeks to provide young inventors and innovators a chance to have their ideas implemented in reality.
The Edu-Fund: The Edu-Fund or Education Fund program aims at supporting vulnerable children and young people by awarding them partial or full sponsorship and providing them with mentorship trainings and guidance.
We are looking for six committed individuals to serve on our organization’s governing body. The board member’s responsibilities includes
• Making laws, rules and regulations for the Organization;
• Formulating and Implementing policies, plans and procedures to supervise the work of the Organization;
• Taking part in verifying and authorizing projects and programs together with their budgets:
• Representing the organization in the court or in any other issue outside the court:
• Ensuring the organization is well managed.
• Contributing and raising funds for the organization.
• Creating the organization’s identity.
• You must be willing to make an emotional commitment to the organization. That said, you’re required to believe in the mission of the organization and help shape or support the vision behind that mission;
• You must be willing to attend Board meetings and actively participate.
• You must be willing to make a financial commitment
• You’re required to bring some special talent, skill, knowledge, and connections including experience, energy and enthusiasm for the work of the organization, willingness to learn board or technical skills such as legal or public relations knowhow.
• You must have the desire to serve and be willing to share your ideas, experiences, feelings, insights, fears, questions, etc.
• You must be willing to read the organizations materials, ask questions, think things through, make suggestions, and express honest feelings; and
• You must be willing to facilitate for the organization, provide support to staff and other Board members.
• You must be open to working with other people, respecting new ideas, and taking reasonable risks.
• You must own a vehicle;
• You must be connected or have worked in a reputable company, organization or foundations related to any of YPDP programs;
• You must be financially stable, and have 90 percent opportunities and energy to connect and grow the organization;
• You must have interest in be willingness to support YPDP’s mission and objective;
• You must have the ability to organize and monitor work;
• You must have the ability to easily use email, Microsoft Office packages particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher;
• You must show commitment to open and honest communication
• You must be Collaborative and initiative
• You must have leadership skills, be able to make sound decisions and possess planning skills.
• Integrity and sensitivity is a must have attributes
If you meet the above criteria, email your application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of your professional qualifications to the Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th January 2023. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.