Budget & Finance Manager
Jobs at:Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission a Body Corporate established under the Citizens’ Economic Empowerment Act No. 9 of 2006 to enhance broad-based economic empowerment, foster citizens’ economic ownership, control and management of economic resources, as well as to promote economic empowerment of targeted citizens is inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following position:
Budget & Finance Manager (1 Position) – Lusaka
Reporting to the Director Finance, the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing high level financial strategic systems and operational perspective to allow unit function optimally in alignment with CEEC objectives and Finance Directorate direction. Will also be required to ensure adherence to statutory requirements, assess financial risk and strive for operational efficiencies across the Commission as well as undertake adhoc projects as the need arises.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide leadership and supervision of the Unit;
• Implement and maintain an effective management control system within the Commission;
• Prepare financial operational plans and budgets;
• Prepare and present financial reports and analyses;
• Review and interpret actual performance against plan or budget and executing budgetary control;
• Keep the Finance Director appraised of the Commission financial position through oral and written reports;
• Implement and maintain good governance practices with financial delegations as related policy prescription;
• Assist to safeguard Commission assets and control costs;
• Manage and monitor the finance related work of other Directorates responsible for financial processes and decisions and facilitating training where required;
• Design and implement a financial management strategy including financial management, controls, monitoring and reporting;
• Monitor and report on expenditure of the Commission programmes, proving analytical advice on spending patterns;
• Review and implement internal controls;
• Maintain the payroll systems and monthly preparation of the payroll and its related activities;
• Ensure that Commission transactions and expenditure are in compliance with the Public Finance Act number 15 of 2004 and Financial Regulations of 2006 as well as CEEC Finance manual and regulations;
• Management and accounting of all Commission assets;
• Administration, management and reconciliation of capital expenditure;
• Process contracts, prepare internal and external audits and reconciling all general ledger accounts monthly;
• Coordinate and prepare of annual budgets based on business plans of the Commission;
• To produce adhoc management reports of a high standard for use within the Commission;
• Maintain an accurate record of accounts payables and receivables;
• Prepare periodic cash flow forecasts;
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
• ACCA/CIMA, Accounting equivalent to Degree
• Master’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or related field
• Must be a member of ZICA
• At least 10 years working experience of which 5 years must be at senor management level. Demonstrable experience in the preparation of corporate financial statements for submission to the Board and External Audit.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should submit application letters enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the following address not later than 17 June 2022.
*The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after closure of the application period. Those who will not hear from us in the stated period should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068
To apply for this job please visit www.ceec.org.zm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.