Business Development Manager (Re-Advertised)
Jobs at:Right to Care Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 19 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Treating Health Seriously
• About Us
• Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
• We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
• Qualifications And Experience
• Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 8 Years relevant experience.
• 5 Years NGO, Development Funder, Business or Public Health Working Experience.
• 2 Years’ Experience in Developing Proposals For PEPFAR, USAID, CDC etc
• Ability to produce well written documents in English language a must.
• Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• Post Graduate Specialist in Business Development.
• Master’s degree in Public Health.
• In-depth knowledge and use of database, spreadsheet (Excel), word-processing (Word), document production (Adobe), and presentation (PowerPoint) software.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with USG procedures
• Technical And Behavioural Competencies
• Strong creative outlook with a dynamic personality
• Confidence and self- control
• Self-starter with proactive and strong work ethic
• Project management
• Excellent time and management skills
• Strategic thinking – conceptualization to implementation
• Must be able to work within the framework of a team
• Experience with negotiations and managing stakeholders
• Experience in training and mentorship
• Ethics and Integrity
• Planning and Organizing
• Key Performance Areas
• Lead the process of development of the business development strategy for Right to Care Zambia
• Research and identify new business opportunities – including analysis and interpretation of the current funding landscape and alignment with business strategic direction.
• Provide strategic input into the organizational growth and diversification agenda, keeping abreast of trends and changes in the funding and international development space.
• Together with the Country Director, and other Senior Management Teams set annual Business Development Targets
• Facilitate the effective and efficient implementation of the Right to Care Zambia annual business development plan.
• Review and comprehend RFP/EOI/NOFO and its reference point for tailoring a unique proposal response that meets funder expectations.
• Coordinate production of deliverables by working with other departments such program, operations, finance, and logistics to ensure that projects are delivered within stipulated timeline and proposed budget.
• Lead new business development and entrepreneurial approaches to fund raising, including philanthropies, and working with the private sector in Zambia
• Manage proposal and project development from concept to completion, including coordination with other sections and collecting information from in-house subject matter experts and ultimately submission of the proposals.
• Lead and coordinate grant writing of “must win” funding opportunities and others as appropriate and ensuring that deadlines are met during the proposal development.
• Provide writing guides, outlines for proposals and concept notes.
• Provide analysis and recommendations for bid decisions.
• Provide necessary BD training to proposal teams
• Represent Right to Care Zambia in business development efforts, including with clients, donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
• Liaise and coordinate with the Group Business Development Unit on funding opportunities for Right to Care Zambia including global opportunities available for Zambia and ensure flow down of best practice from Group.
• Utilize connections and network with potential funders to fully understand their current and upcoming needs.
• Manage and retain relationships with existing clients.
• Translate on-going programs of research and evaluation into new relationships through demonstrating to funders how Right to Care Zambia can resolve their most challenging problems.
• Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and business goals of the Right to Care Zambia.
• Work with appropriate staff to maintain data on past performance and corporate capacity, to provide timely information for proposal submissions.
• Work with Implementation Science and Communications units in the development of digital briefs and presentations for external stakeholders – tailor and deliver content for the organization’s key stakeholder presentations.
• Attend seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate
• Together with the communications department ensure that the target market interacts with Right to Care Zambia’s brand on a regular basis through various initiatives which include – articles, speaking opportunities, interactive sessions, etc.
• Ensure brand building initiatives are in line with the Right to Care Zambia’s communication strategy and overall business strategy.
• Provide periodic performance (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, or annual) reports and updates on business development issues covering – contacts made, proposals/quotes sent, revenue generated, and any progress on target funders.
• This information will also be entered on an online database periodically.
• Design, implement and oversee BDU information management systems – including management of the organization’s technical content bank (knowledge management).
• Development and put in place BDU standard operating procedures and other related tools to improve departmental efficiencies
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to Vacancy14@righttocare.org.
• All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link – https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-business-development-manager
• Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
• By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
• Applicants are required to complete all screening assessment questions and completion of competency assessment using the link provided above for the application of this position to be complete. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
• Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
• Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
• Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.
• To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.