Jobs at:Agriserve Agro Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for an experienced central retail buyer to procure a variety of products for our company’s various branches. You will be responsible for conducting market research, sourcing products, and negotiating supply contracts with suppliers. You will also be responsible for logistical management and inventory control as well as distribution between branches.
To ensure success, you should have excellent research and negotiation skills, have an exceptional understanding of consumer trends and must have the ability to source the best quality products and negotiate with suppliers to secure competitive prices.
The quality and variety of products on our shelves are essential for our success. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be a responsible individual with great attention to detail. The goal is to ensure that the business will always have adequate stock that meets its requirements. That way we can deliver value to our customers through high-quality products and facilitate sustainable growth.
• Identify customer preferences and forecast consumer trends
• Evaluate supplier options according to prices, quality etc. and determine the best choices
• Discover and purchase new products and check the quality and popularity of those already on our shelves
• Maintaining relationships with suppliers and establishing new contracts with vendors.
• Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best quality and best deal for our company (price of the products).
• Managing the purchasing and logistics of the products including distribution between branches
• Monitor stock levels and make plans for buying within budget
• Managing all administrative tasks such as purchase orders, stock control, and logistic documents.
• Assisting with marketing and sales strategies.
• Generating and presenting analytical reports such as market research, price comparisons, and cost analyses.
• Reporting any issues with suppliers, logistics, or products to the supervisor.
• Keeping abreast of competitors and the new products on the market.
Requirements and skills
• High school diploma; BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field will be considered a plus
• A minimum of 5 years proven experience as retail buyer.
• Great computer skills and proficiency in programs such as MS Office.
• Good understanding of POS and eCommerce software such as Shopify.
• Sounds knowledge of logistics and distribution.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Good market researching and networking skills.
• Great understanding of retail products and consumer trends.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical thinking abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.