Jobs at:ExpressCredit Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 25 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• ExpressCredit is a global consumer finance company operating in Zambia and three surrounding countries, including Namibia, Botswana, and Lesotho.
• We operate a multi-channel lending platform for private and government sector employees underserved by mainstream financiers. As a good corporate citizen, our goal is to help people in need of short-term and long-term financial assistance – all of which make a meaningful and lasting impact on the local communities.
• ExpressCredit is a game-changer and one of the fastest microlenders in the country. A combination of new technologies, mobile sales, and a network of branches and direct sales positions us well for growth and building a sizeable, well-performing loan portfolio.
• We are looking for a suitably qualified, competent, and highly motivated professional based in Lusaka to fill the position of Chief Accountant.
Summary Key Responsibilities:
• Review and post journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded in accounting software for multiple group companies according to group policy;
• Review monthly accruals, loan interest calculations, IFRS16 bookings;
• Perform reconciliations and account clearings;
• Preparation of monthly/yearly closings and audit;
• Preparation of IFRS Financial Statements (yearly, interim etc)
• Preparation and review of monthly tax reports (PIT, SOC, VAT, WHT) and preparation of annual CIT declaration;
• Preparation monthly payroll calculations;
• Review of Fixed asset accounting and respective policies;
• Ensure compliance with statutory requirements in alignment with local government standards, tax, and other local regulations.
• Maintain proper controls to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies as well as with Group internal procedures;
• Participation of cash flow planning;
• Generating and implementing processes to improve and automate daily work.
• Provide support and leadership to 2-3 Team member reporting to you.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
• University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as Chief Accountant;
• Experience in international company having tight monthly closing deadlines;
• Experience in financial institution would be considered as advantage;
• Knowledge of full-cycle accounting process;
• Experience in preparation of IFRS annual reports;
• Strong local tax knowledge, including WHT;
• Experience in working with external auditors;
• Knowledge of IFRS would be considered as advantage;
• Proficient computer skills (especially Excel),
• Good English skills;
• Experience working in international environment;
• Accuracy, punctuality and detail orientation;
• Fast learning skills. Ability to deal with deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.