Chief Finance Officer – FZS Zambia
Jobs at:Frankfurt Zoological Society Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, November 14 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the project:
• FZS Zambia (FZS-ZM) has a rich history of conservation, having been actively involved in the preservation of the North Luangwa Ecosystem since 1986 and the Nsumbu-Tanganyika region since 2017. Our mission at FZS-ZM is to bridge the connection between livelihoods and landscapes through conservation and enhancement efforts. We are dedicated to the continuous expansion of our initiatives, broadening both our geographical reach and thematic focus. These endeavors are made possible through FZS core funding, international government partners, and the contributions of private donors.
• As FZS Zambia (FZS-ZM) continues to expand its activities, we are seeking a dynamic and dedicated Chief Finance Officer (CFO) to join our team. The CFO will play a pivotal role in providing high-level support to senior management and ensuring the effective financial management of our projects.
• Manage and oversee financial operations, ensuring compliance with donor-funded requirements.
Analyze financial data, prepare reports, and provide insights to drive informed decision-making.
Lead and motivate the finance team to deliver quality performance.
Collaborate with senior management to ensure efficient project execution and timeline adherence.
Communicate financial information with precision to support the organization’s growth and success.
• Proven experience in financial leadership roles, preferably in the NGO/PBO sector
Strong analytical skills with a focus on donor-funded projects
Excellent communication and management abilities to work effectively with a diverse team.
Ability to respond swiftly to challenges and opportunities in a dynamic environment.
Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; German proficiency is an advantage.
• Engaging and meaningful work with room for your own ideas
• Opportunity to contribute towards the protection of impressive landscapes in Zambia
• Form part of a dynamic and motivated team, as well as the larger FZS team working to secure outstanding wild places across the globe
• Flat hierarchy, opportunities for further training
• The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com . Please include the following documents in your application:
• A cover letter explaining why you should be considered for this position
A comprehensive CV highlighting your relevant experience and achievements
Contact details for two referees (who will not be contacted without your permission)
Please mark your application as ‘Chief Finance Officer, FZS Zambia’.
• Application Deadline: Monday, November 13, 2023
• Interviews: The first interviews will be held during the week commencing November 27, 2023. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by email or telephone; please specify your preferred method of contact in your cover letter.
• Note: Due to limited resources and a high volume of applications, we will only contact short-listed candidates. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
• To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.