Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, August 26 2023
Date Posted: Monday, August 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) was established in 2014 and it is a State-Owned Enterprise (SOE) with a portfolio of 36 companies. It is charged with the mandate to spearhead the Government’s commercial investments agenda aimed at strengthening Zambia’s industrial base and job creation. A need has arisen to hire the
• Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the position has the overall responsibility of the implementing the financial strategy and includes advising the CEO and stakeholders in the IDC Group.
• Driving the delivery of IDC’ Financial performance through the Budget and forecasting process to ensure strategic alignment to business objectives.
• Enforcing a strong governance and control framework with key stakeholders.
• Developing comprehensive cost management strategies to ensure that costs are effectively managed both at IDC and the IDC Group.
• Driving synergies within the group, effectively partnering with Group counterparts to identify, share and embed opportunities for optimisation.
• Ensuring availability, adherence and compliance with all regulatory, statutory and internal Financial Policy and accounting reporting requirements.
• Developing and implementing a finance risk management framework for IDC and the IDC Group to ensure minimal exposure to preventable risks.
• Strategic Stakeholder Management with timely and accurate reporting.
• Closure of significant audit findings working towards no significant audit findings both for IDC and the IDC Group.
• Overseeing and ensuring a sound control environment for the IDC Group.
• Grade 12 Full Certificate with five (5) O levels.
• Chartered Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, and/or equivalent Professional Qualification i.e., ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia, etc.
• Master’s degree in finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Commerce, or equivalent Professional Qualification in relevant field from reputable institution.
• Professional Membership with ZICA/ ACCA/ CIMA, with a valid practicing certificate.
• Minimum Relevant Work Experience:
15 years’ post qualification work experience (first Degree/full professional)
• 10 years’ work experience in senior management or similar position.
• Proven track record of preparation and consolidation of Group Financials;
• Previous experience at senior level in a Group Holding Company will be an added advantage.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• For the full job description, please visit the following link Chief Finance Officer – Job Description or complete the Applicant Data Form online on
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
• Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 23rd August 2023 at 17:00 hours.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.