Vacancy title: Chief Finance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:VisionFund Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Head Office – Lusaka
As the Chief Finance Officer, you will be responsible for helping the institution accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of finance management, control and governance processes. The CFO coordinates, monitors and facilitates compliance with existing laws, rules and regulations. He/She also advises the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Senior Leadership Team on the adequacy of the systems and risk management in Finance.
• Advisor to the CEO and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to finance including treasury, accounting, and administration.
• Submit timely financial returns to the BOD, senior management, regulators and other stakeholders.
• Prepare business and financial reports for Board of Directors.
• Continuous monitoring of the financial performance of the organization with emphasis in analyzing the latter’s performance as against its operational and business plans.
• Ensure proper Cash and Bank reconciliations are done daily
• Provides support to the Head Office and Branches in preparation of the business plan and preparation and monitoring of the annual operating plans and budgets.
• Ensures that branch plans are incorporated into an overall business plan and projections model.
• Establishes, reviews, and updates financial policies and procedures that are relevant and cost effective to the organization.
• Maintains the finance management manuals, including treasury, accounting and administration manuals. and ensures that all changes related to policies and procedures would be incorporated in the manual.
• Acts as a member of the procurement committee or its equivalent and furnishes the committee with the necessary information for them to make ‘sound’ viable decisions.
• Performs functions specified by the procurement committee and Asset Management in relation to establishing broad guidelines for the institution’s tolerance for risk and expectations from investment.
• Introduces measures to enhance the credibility and objectivity of financial statements and reports prepared with reference to the affairs of VisionFund Zambia.
• Measures and controls the institution’s funding requirements.
• Manage access to funds: Makes periodic assessment of liabilities and liability holders, explore borrowing arrangements.
• Ensures that there is adequate control of cash and other assets (budgetary management and control) according to laid down policies and Bank of Zambia (BoZ) regulations.
• Develops contingency plans for Vision Fund Zambia to withstand liquidity crises, and updates the contingency plans, as the need arises.
• Recommends policies or changes on policies on liquidity and funds management, and ensures timeliness, applicability, and practicality of these policies.
• Provides technical oversight to the Branch services officers in formulating and implementing the branch accounting system.
• Ensures that VisionFund Zambia maintains adequate and accurate records including balance sheet and periodic statements of income and expense.
• General oversight to ensure payroll is accurate, prompt, complete and reliable.
• Provides the finance department staff with the necessary training and other support to enable them to fulfill their duties accordingly.
• Supervise, monitors, and evaluates the work of the finance staff and provides input to the annual staff appraisal exercise.
• Ensures absolute compliance to regulations on liquidity, capital, adequacy, and provisioning as well as to reporting requirements set by BoZ and other regulators.
• Sign off all bank reconciliation daily
• Attends to inquiries, on-site or off-site, from BoZ, other regulators, and external auditors, and provides due assistance to the regulators and external auditors during inspection.
• Supervises the effective financial provision of administrative services:
• Liaises with tax authorities/consultants whenever necessary.
• Maintains insurance portfolio and ensures that all claims are settled without undue losses to the organization.
• And any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.
Minimum qualification requirements and competencies:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, ACCA, CIMA, CA or any other relevant field.
• Master’s Degree in a related field is an added advantage.
• Must be a member of a professional body ZICA.
• At least 8 years’ experience in managing microfinance operations in an MFI or Bank setting under regulated environment.
• Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
• Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude.
• Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization
• Good knowledge in economic and financial topics.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Attend and lead daily devotions.
• Perform other duties as required by the board or the owners.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.