Vacancy title: Chief Financial Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Expedia Digital Solutions LTD
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Expedia Digital is a Zambian FinTech that provides smart, robust and reliable e-payment solutions for businesses and governments. Our job is to make it easy for you to get paid and grow. Our payment gateway is a comprehensive solution that connects seamlessly to major credit cards – VISA, MasterCard, Banks, Microfinances and mobile money providers.
We are looking to recruit a highly skilled and professional chief financial officer to lead our finance department. The primary responsibility of the CFO will be to develop and direct financial strategy, financial assurance, controls and reporting to ensure that our institution remains financially viable and profitable using generally accepted accounting standards to achieve the company’s strategy.
Reporting to the chief executive officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing strategic direction to the institution through strategy formulation, decision making, forecast/budgeting and its implementation/monitoring.
• establishing and implementing internal controls and ensuring efficient and effective financial operations as per industry benchmarks.
• Ensure that Financial and Accounting policies & procedures are in accordance with statutory regulations and global standards and comply with risk management.
• Take charge of Finance, Accounts and Taxation matters. Ensure that all accounting records are properly and timely maintained, reporting cycles and other associated engagements are successfully performed in an effective and timely manner.
• Assist in training & resource development initiatives focusing on knowledge, skills and attributes for building capacities to deliver on present positions and build long term capability to shoulder additional responsibilities.
• Creating business value through technology, ensuring the tech systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line with institution goals. Ensuring availability of timely and reliable information in the organization through technology/digital platforms.
• Monitor the overall funding status, disbursements, repayment and related reportings.
• Maintaining effective relationships and co-ordination with key stakeholders.
• Finalize annual financial statements as well as periodic financial statements where required.
• Decide on Finance strategy
• Decide on overall financial internal and assurance controls
Requirements and skills
• Should have in-depth Knowledge in Financial and Management accounting.
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
• Full professional accounting qualification i.e., ZICA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent. A university degree or masters will be an added advantage.
• Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.