Vacancy title: Chief Financial Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Kwame Nkrumah University
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 14 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 14 2013, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kwame Nkrumah University invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced members of the public to fill the above vacancy:
Job Purpose: Responsible for directing and overseeing all aspects of the Financial and Accounting functions of the university in order to ensure fransparency, accountability and value for money.
• To prepare and monitor budgets and cash flows of overall income and expenditures of the university.
• To initiate strategic planning of the resource allocations to the various Schools, Units and Departments.
• To ensure completeness, accuracy and validity of university financial information and safeguard of the University assets.
• To provide timely quarterly and audited annual reports to Management.
• To advise Management on trends in expenditures and income to ensure that financial decisions are kept in line with budget allocations, expenditure and income.
• To ensure security of transaction documents and enforcing accountability of staff supervised.
• To undertake such duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor or Council
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
• Must have a full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with at least 5 Credits that must include English Language and Mathematics.
• Must have a Bachelor of Accountancy or full ZICA, ACCA or CIMA. Must possess a Masters Degree in a related field.
• Must be well vested with Government and University operations.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in accounts and finance in a reputable institution at Senior Management level.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Emotional stability and ability to balance the requirements of different stakeholders of the University.
• Integrity, honesty, ethical values, professional conduct and soberness of character are mandatory requirements.
• Must have proof of valid membership to Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the stated requirements are required to submit their applications comprising the following:
Letter of application.
Zambia Qualifications Authority (ZAQA) authenticated copies of academic and professional qualifications.
Names and addresses of two (2) professional referees and one (1) character reference.
Applications marked with the "POSITION" of interest must be addressed to:
Kwame Nkrumah University Munkoyo Street Plot No. 1583
P.O Box 80404
Email Address: email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS FRIDAY, 14TH APRIL 2023 at 17:00 HOURS
N.B: Kwame Nkrumah University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and those that would not have heard from the University should consider themselves unsuccessful. Please visit the Kwame Nkrumah website at www.nkrumah.edu.zm for more information.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.