Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:The Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To enable the University Council (through the Audit and Risk Committee) and the Vice Chancellor (CEO) to discharge their oversight role by montoring and evaluating continuously the adequacy and effectiveness of the University’s network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and presented by management to ensure compliance with the Public France Act No. 1 of 2015 and Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013 as read with the Higher Education (Amendment) No. 23 of 2021.
Provide independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the University’s operations, risk management, and controls.
Accountabilities and Main Duties
• Develops and implements short and long-term internal audit strategies and programmes aimed at providing an independent and objective opinion on controls, checks, and corporate governance through the Risk and Audit Committee.
• Prepares timely and accurate reports of audit findings and recommendations for management’s attention and ensures adequate follow-ups.
• Manages audit reviews and provides recommendations to line management.
• Reviews and records actions taken by management to correct audit findings.
• Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of controls, checks
• and governance measures in place by facilitating the achievement of the University’s agreed objectives.
• Leads the assurance of the adequacy of the embedded controls in new and/or reviewed policies, procedures, processes and systers.
• Develops and executes internal audit plans, which are aligned with the University’s risk assessment.
• Provides an annual assessment of the University’s systems of internal control
• Ensures financial management and other operating systems are accurate and reliable.
• Provides strategic leadership to the Audit Team.
• Maintains a current knowledge base of audit industry practices to ensure best practices.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Form Vor Grade 12 Certificate with 5 “0” levels with credits in English and Mathematics
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing. Accounting or an equivalent qualfication
• A Master’s Degree in any of the above areas is a requirement, plus five (5) years of post-qualification experience in a similar setting.
• A relevant professional qualification will be a distinct advantage
• Competence in University Information and Communication Systems (ICT) is essential.
• Required Competencies and Behavioral Attributes:
• Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Internal Auditor
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and comple detailed reports
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
Skills and Attributes
• This is a senior postion that requires a mature, hardworking, and reliable professional with all-around experience and sound knowledge and understanding of corporate governance and the audi and risk environment. The ability to operate at a strategic level, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to investigate and understand emerging trends, particularly in the Higher Education sector and to explore, evaluate and advise the University timeously is essential Further, the successful applicant must be able to coordinate and assist external and regulatory Auditors; in addition to the ability to work independently and balance multiple work priorities.
• Immediate Supervisor: Vice-Chancellor
• Salary Scale: MGT 15
• This is a contractual job with a tenure of three (3) years renewable (subject to satisfactory performance)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (03) names of referees, two (02) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant. The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned no later than Friday 23rd June 2023 or soft copies (as a single document) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
PO Box 21692
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.