Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Zambeef Products PLC
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, September 30 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
• Zambeef Products PLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR – LUSAKA
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
• Responsible for carrying out business process analysis by reviewing the quality of business processes, evaluate the implications of process design improvement recommendations on the business strategic objectives and obtain by-in of process owners to accept recommendations.
• Drive Internal Audit quality assurance by reviewing the results of assessments, establishing a reporting structure for the result of the assessments that maintains appropriate credibility and objectivity, and communicate opportunities to Senior Management and the board.
• Responsible for driving Internal Audit engagement execution by identifying and escalating strategic implications to the business from audit engagement findings as well as evaluating the significant risk exposures and control issues including fraud risk and governance.
• Responsible for driving Internal Audit engagement planning by evaluating completeness and relevance of risk assessments, evaluate the relevance and the prioritization or focus of the audit plans and its alignment with Internal Audit and business strategies.
• Lead and asses the annual risk analysis to formulate risk-based audit plans.
• Participate in the strategic information gathering and analysis process by evaluating business insights, assess the strategic implications and make appropriate recommendations as well as communicate high risk areas with process owners, Senior Management and the Board.
• Drive the fraud risk management process by evaluating fraud detection and reporting tools and measures, as well as evaluate adequacy of risk response strategy and practices to deter and prevent fraud.
• Support the governance process through engaging the board and senior management on governance best practices and issues.
• Responsible for developing safeguards to maintain auditors’ independence.
• Conduct reviews of internal controls and accounting procedures to ensure that they are operating effectively.
• Reviewing financial statements, research financial trends, and prepare forecasts for possible upcoming scenarios.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of risk management programs within the organization to ensure that risks are identified and managed appropriately.
• Conducting special audits and investigations into suspected misconduct by employees or board members.
• Review and adjust the internal audit team skills mix and diversity according to organisation’s objectives and risks.
• Develop and implement a plan for professional and career development of Iinternal Audit staff.
• Establish clear performance standards for internal auditors and the internal audit function.
• Determine an adequate budget to support Internal Audit planned activities.
The Required Qualifications are:
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Professional Accounting/Auditing qualification.
• At least 10 years hands on IA experience- at least 5 years at Head of department level
• 5-7 years supervisory/management experience.
• Membership of ZICA/ACCA and/or other relevant professional bodies
The Required Attributes Include:
• High level of business acumen.
• Working knowledge of IA trends.
• Good judgement and good decision-making ability.
• Committed team player with ability to interact with all levels of management in the organization.
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment.
• Detail-oriented with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively.
• Expert in multi-tasking, time management and planning of work.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
• THE HR EXECUTIVE
• Zambeef Products PLC
• P/B 17, Woodlands
• Lusaka or
• Email: Recruitment@zambeef.co.zm
• NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
• The closing date for receipt of applications is 29th September, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.