Vacancy title: Commercial Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Hospitality, and Tourism , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:African Parks
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
African Parks is a non-profit conservation organization founded in 2000 that manages 20 National Parks and protected areas in 11 countries covering over 17 million hectares. This is achieved through long-term agreements with national governments, putting in place funding solutions and establishing good governance and management to achieve ecological, social and financial sustainability.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Financial Controller, the Commercial Accountant will supervise revenue collection activities in order to enhance accountability of commercial revenue for the Greater Kafue Landscape LTD.
• Monitor the collection and Banking of revenue by the Assistant Commercial Accoutants.
• Prepare monthly consolidated statistics of the revenue collected per revenue stream
• Prepare receivables age analysis for all tour operators and other customers
• Prepare accurate monthly summaries to be used in AP reporter
Other accounting operations
• Ensure rotations in the department for leave by performing other tasks
• Perform any other task requested by the hierarchy as part of its duties
Other control tasks
• Review procedures to ensure they exist and are being applied
• Propose the revision of procedures if necessary
• Track missing documents in the archives
1. Degree in Accounting or related field and 3 years of experience. (ACCA, CIMA or ZICA will be added advantage)
2. Must be a registered member of ZICA.
3. Previous demonstrated experience in a similar role or External Audit.
4. Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
5. Budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
6. Proficiency with accounting software.
7. Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
9. High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions.
10. IT – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
African Parks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants for this position must have a clean record and traceable references. Candidates must include a day time contact number.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV with a covering letter describing their suitability for the role. All applicants must include at least 2 contactable references, along with certified copies of NRC and relevant Qualifications.
Application must be submitted to the Regional Human Resources Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. GKLL reserves the right not to employ.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.