Vacancy title: Company Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Talent House Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 31 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Our Client
Zengamina is a fully integrated private utility in Ikelenge District, North-Western Province, Zambia, serving approximately 4,500 Zambians since 2007. Its power grid connects community households, institutions, and businesses across the district with power sourced from its 700 kW run-of-river hydropower plant and 39 km of MV distribution lines. Zengamina has recently started it ~$5 million expansion project that will hybridize the existing hydro scheme with Photo Voltaic generation, battery storage and add over 3,000 new connections, having a mission to electrify the whole of the rural Ikelenge District.
About the role:
Zengamina is looking for a capable and experienced company accountant to ensure maintenance of accurate financial records for the Company and support the Company on all accounting processes.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of internationally accepted accounting principles, use of accounting software, preparation of financial statements and ad-hoc reports, and general knowledge of compliance requirements in Zambia.
She or he shall be able to work autonomously, shall take initiatives and be a good communicator.
The Company Accountant will report to the Zengamina General Manager or CEO, and to the Group Finance team.
Accounting & Financial Analysis
• Upload and post transactions in the accounting system (Quickbooks)
• Ensure accurate maintenance of all ledgers & sub ledgers for the group subsidiaries: account payables, account receivables, deferred revenue, fixed assets, inventories and bank accounts
• Process monthly billing and manage receivables till recovery
• Perform monthly close of book procedures on all company ledgers
• Ensure journals and account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely
• Payroll management: compute salaries, prepare payslips, set up payments, declare contributions
• Perform cash reconciliations
• Petty cash management
• Set up bank transfers
• Purchase request management
• Expense management
• Assist in budget planning and cash management
• Prepare the annual financial statements
• Handle the annual statutory audit
• Report management accounts to the Group
• Work with the Group Finance team in strengthening the control environment and improving the internal processes to improve the quality of accounting records
• Create and maintain various spreadsheets and dashboards to analyse data
Tax & Compliance
• Ensure accurate and timely filing of all taxes and contributions, and annual returns. The filing will be done by a 3rd party accounting service company, but the early preparation of the information is the responsibility of the Company Accountant.
• Prepare necessary paperwork for tax declarations and payments
• Facilitate communication with the administrations
• Keep up to date with the regulatory environment
• Ensure compliance with the local jurisdiction requirements (filings, renewal of licenses)
• Collect financial and power generation KPI feeds for ERB reports
• Assist in general administrative tasks
Education and Experience:
• Five-plus years of experience in a similar role
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or similar (Full Grade 12 Certificate, ACCA level 2, ZICA Licentiate, CIMA level 2)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), QuickBooks, Odoo and other relevant accounting software
• Experience with accounting for infrastructure projects and/or energy project development, especially Power & Utilities
• Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
• Solid understanding of accounting and IFRS knowledge
• Strong fluency with Excel formulas and reporting
• Detail-oriented and strong data gathering skills
• Good communication skills with team members
• Strong written and spoken English skills are required.
• Effective organizational and prioritization skills
• Commitment to professionalism and high standards of integrity and ethics
• Ability to work autonomously and with minimal instruction
• Takes initiative, positive and proactive, hands-on
• Able to work in a multicultural environment
• At ease working remotely and with online collaboration tools
This role offers an opportunity for an ambitious, self-driven individual to develop their all-round professional experience by working in a wide ranging and challenging role in a fast expanding Zambian company that is part of an international group. ZPL’s mission to electrify the whole of the rural Ikelenge District should be a motivation for the applicant.
Salary will be in line with market and experience, and will include a variable element based on KPIs to allow the candidate to show their potential and get rewarded. High quality accomodation is available for a single person or couple, a housing allowance will be provided for a larger family. Relocation support will be provided. Company Laptop and mobile phone and talktime will be provided. Local transport is not provided.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested and feel that you meet the criteria outlined above, please email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• A copy of your current CV, file name should include your full name
• A cover letter including the following:
• Why this role is of interest and why you are suited
• List Accounting softwares you have competency in , and IFRS proficiency level (basic, good, expert) and Excel proficiency level (basic, good, expert)
Confirmation you can live/work in Ikelenge, and eg. example of previous rural posting, local languages spoken (Lunda ideal)
• Any international experience (studied or worked abroad, or with international company)
• When available to start
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.